ADEA Decision Status - Please explain the difference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysonddshopeful

Reaction score
Received/Under Review
None
Received/Application Complete
Application Denied - j/k :)

Members don't see this ad.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Only ones that are important:
Interview invite
Offer made

The rest doesn’t matter too much, wouldn’t overthink it
they should have a status called "trust the process"...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The problem with this system is interpreting what "Under review" means.

Some schools will use this as "waiting for the rest of your application to be complete."
Some schools will use this as "screening a completed application for interview."

But there is no consistency how schools use this. Plus lots of schools won't use AADSAS statuses to say anything (keeping everyone at "None.").

Thus as @Ryxndek notes: only pay attention to "Invited for Interview" and "Offer made/Accepted."

Reactions: 1 user
So "completed" or "none" mean no chance?
No. I honestly wish AADSAS would be a little more strict on the school's requirements for updating statuses or defining what the status means. Or let you know that a school uses its own portal. There's zero consistency in the AADSAS portal, which is why I say it doesn't matter so much. If there's a status, it means they're looking at it until you get a change in status - rejection, interview, acceptance, waitlist. The rest of the statuses are different and like @Mr.Smile12 said above, vary by school.

So...deep breath, try to not over think it.

As as @macsak likes to say: trust the process

Suffice to say, a deep discussion on this topic requires a lot of technical insight on how things work with the AADSAS portal, and AADSAS does not or cannot "regulate" the way schools use the portal, except for a few things (offer, wait list, reject, interview, defer).

Reactions: 1 user