Adelphi Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gigi1913

Reaction score
I am currently on the waitlist for Adelphi University. When I called to find out my position they said they work it differently than most schools where they do not have an order on the waitlist.

I saw a few people release their spots but Adelphi claims there is still not a spot for people off the waitlist.

I was wondering if anyone knows how a waitlist works when applicants are not numbered?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools initially admit more students than they have seats for and anticipate that some students will enroll elsewhere. It’s not an uncommon practice but it explains why folks can turn down a spot and not open up a space for folks on a waitlist.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, but I am more curious as to how someone is accepted off the waitlist if the applicants are not numbered. How would the next person be chosen if they do have to pick from the waitlist?

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, but I am more curious as to how someone is accepted off the waitlist if the applicants are not numbered. How would the next person be chosen if they do have to pick from the waitlist?

historical trends about where applicants who accept an offer come from, proximity to school,background of students, and as someone once pointed out gender if the locker rooms for one gender are full.