ADEX/CDCA exam 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothiesmoothie

Reaction score
I am creating this thread to discuss the ADEX/CDCA exam in 2024 as the criteria are always changing. Please feel free to post anything regarding this exam in 2024 under this thread. I’m a practicing dentist and I am having to write the ADEX after several years of practicing general dentistry. I having been looking at the requirements of the PFM crown (#5) for example and see that an occlusal reduction of 1-2.5mm is acceptable—- i want to make sure I am not misinterpreting the acceptable criteria- I just want to confirm that this the entire occlusal surface (ie. even on the lingual cusp? perhaps I am being paranoid but I have been watching some legit videos online and they seem to suggest different measurements —-I am hoping that the issue is simply that they changed the guidelines.

Members don't see this ad.

I am creating this thread to discuss the ADEX/CDCA exam in 2024 as the criteria are always changing. Please feel free to post anything regarding this exam in 2024 under this thread. I’m a practicing dentist and I am having to write the ADEX after several years of practicing general dentistry. I having been looking at the requirements of the PFM crown (#5) for example and see that an occlusal reduction of 1-2.5mm is acceptable—- i want to make sure I am not misinterpreting the acceptable criteria- I just want to confirm that this the entire occlusal surface (ie. even on the lingual cusp? perhaps I am being paranoid but I have been watching some legit videos online and they seem to suggest different measurements —-I am hoping that the issue is simply that they changed the guidelines.
Hi, Just wanted to ask which videos you were referring to? i have my adex coming at the end of next month