Adivises for my situation

Started by Ando25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ando25

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have a 3.45 gpa as a first year student. I took Bio and Chem together the same year. I got B- for Bio and B+ for chem. Do you think i should retake Bio and try getting an A? I'm a Biology major, but is it really necessary to be a Bio major to do well in Pharmacy school? Should i consider changing majors to something else because you can't really do much with only a Bio major. What do you guys recommend for my pre-pharmacy track. I took Bio and Chem already and i plan on taking Physics over the summer. When should i take other science classes?
 
I currently have a 3.45 gpa as a first year student. I took Bio and Chem together the same year. I got B- for Bio and B+ for chem. Do you think i should retake Bio and try getting an A?

No

I'm a Biology major, but is it really necessary to be a Bio major to do well in Pharmacy school?

No

Should i consider changing majors to something else because you can't really do much with only a Bio major.

Any degree will do. Pick something you are interested in. If you are worried about finding a job if you don't get into pharmacy, talk to an advisor and see what they say about alternative careers.

What do you guys recommend for my pre-pharmacy track. I took Bio and Chem already and i plan on taking Physics over the summer. When should i take other science classes?

Most of the science classes are sequence classes. So, if you take Physics I over the summer, then take Physics II in Fall. There is orgo I and II and A&P I and II. Just be cautious about taking too many science courses at one time.
 
Thanks for your reply. If i do take Physics over the summer, it will cover I and II. Right now, since i'm still a Bio major, I would have to take Ochem, Genetics (1st sem), Cell Bio (2nd sem) for my soph yr. I'm worried that this would not be helping my gpa.