Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the likelyhood of the financial aid department adjusting the cost of attendance to meet costs of living. I hear it's rare, but I am a single mother. I don't see how 15K a year will pay for all costs associated with living on your own while earning a doctorate, especially with a child. I have no problem living off of ramen noodles, but I doubt my growing child will be able to. Some schools report they will add a day care allowance, but that will probably still leave me short.
I realize I will have to contact each university's financial aid department seperately, but any insight or personal experience will be helpful. I still have some time to figure out how I am going to pull off the cost of higher education.
Thanks!
I have a question regarding the likelyhood of the financial aid department adjusting the cost of attendance to meet costs of living. I hear it's rare, but I am a single mother. I don't see how 15K a year will pay for all costs associated with living on your own while earning a doctorate, especially with a child. I have no problem living off of ramen noodles, but I doubt my growing child will be able to. Some schools report they will add a day care allowance, but that will probably still leave me short.
I realize I will have to contact each university's financial aid department seperately, but any insight or personal experience will be helpful. I still have some time to figure out how I am going to pull off the cost of higher education.
Thanks!