Admin consultants????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have seen a few threads on here about admin consultants/essay editors but I am wondering which ones are the best to use/if any?????? I need all the help I can get (on PS and more) so I have been looking into them and would like to know some more info.Thanks for the advice ahead of time:)

Members don't see this ad.

So I have seen a few threads on here about admin consultants/essay editors but I am wondering which ones are the best to use/if any?????? I need all the help I can get (on PS and more) so I have been looking into them and would like to know some more info.Thanks for the advice ahead of time:)

does anyone have any advice on this:(

I would say have some of your professors read over it. Maybe some doctors you've shadowed. I had the writing fellows at my university's resource center look over my essay (they usually help people who write essays for liberal arts classes). I think in your PS, you just need to convey general (and specific) "you-ness."

My suggestion is save your money, and don't let a "professional" admissions counselor turn you into a cookie cutter "star applicant" that looks like a million others.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with carwreck...and he needs to change his signature!!

My friend used Judy Collwell...she went from no interviews last year, to like 10 interviews and five acceptances this year at top schools (including 1 Ivy)...she does, however charge like $350 an hour like that! Look her up, she's on the web...former Dean of Admissions of Stanford.

My friend used Judy Collwell...she went from no interviews last year, to like 10 interviews and five acceptances this year at top schools (including 1 Ivy)...she does, however charge like $350 an hour like that! Look her up, she's on the web...former Dean of Admissions of Stanford.

What major changes did your friend make to her app?

I haven't used them and they are very expensive. But, a former post-bac in my lab (3.9 from a state school, 32 on the MCAT) got some really good interviews (UCSF, Yale, Columbia, Stanford). I always figured she had something else really good about her app but the lab tech said she didn't have anything extraordinary. So, it puzzled me until I learned the other day that she used an admissions consultant. Not sure if it had anything to do with her interviews. Not a URM by the way.

I used Judy Levine. Former director of admissions at NYMC. Brutally honest but really cares for your well being and your interests. You can find her website at www.premedadvising.com.

PM me if you have any questions about using an admin consultant.