Admission Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nanaschool2000

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In case a school doesn't ask for sending a deposit money, is it okay to accept admission and not attend later? I got accepted to couple programs and still waiting to hear from some schools. The school I'm accepted wants me to make a decision by the end of this week. Is there a penalty for accepting admission and decide not to attend later? I dunno what I have to do. Any idea?
 
In case a school doesn't ask for sending a deposit money, is it okay to accept admission and not attend later? I got accepted to couple programs and still waiting to hear from some schools. The school I'm accepted wants me to make a decision by the end of this week. Is there a penalty for accepting admission and decide not to attend later? I dunno what I have to do. Any idea?

I imagine that they have students accept spots who later are accepted into med schools and naturally then drop their grad programs. I wouldn't worry about it too much-that's why they have waitlists.
 
I agree with ssquared. You can always call the school and ask, too 🙂