Admission Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanaschool2000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In case a school doesn't ask for sending a deposit money, is it okay to accept admission and not attend later? I got accepted to couple programs and still waiting to hear from some schools. The school I'm accepted wants me to make a decision by the end of this week. Is there a penalty for accepting admission and decide not to attend later? I dunno what I have to do. Any idea?

Members don't see this ad.

In case a school doesn't ask for sending a deposit money, is it okay to accept admission and not attend later? I got accepted to couple programs and still waiting to hear from some schools. The school I'm accepted wants me to make a decision by the end of this week. Is there a penalty for accepting admission and decide not to attend later? I dunno what I have to do. Any idea?

I imagine that they have students accept spots who later are accepted into med schools and naturally then drop their grad programs. I wouldn't worry about it too much-that's why they have waitlists.

I agree with ssquared. You can always call the school and ask, too :)