Admission advice & thoughts...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhornfan21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just registered on SDN but have been reading for awhile...

My stats: 3.05 Cumulative / 2.8 Science; DAT: 19 TS, 19 AA, 17 PAT
I have a BS in Bio with minors in Business and Computer Science. I also have alot of dental shadowing hours and research experience.

Have applied to about 13 programs. So far, I have gotten interviews at Baylor, NYU, and BU. Of the 3, only Baylor is before Dec.1.

I am getting kind of nervous since it is my understanding that most schools accept about 75% of thier prospective students by this date.

Is this true? Any thoughts or advice on interviewing after the first cut-off date? Obviously, it will be alot more competitive after Dec.1, right?

Members don't see this ad.

longhornfan21 said:
Just registered on SDN but have been reading for awhile...

My stats: 3.05 Cumulative / 2.8 Science; DAT: 19 TS, 19 AA, 17 PAT
I have a BS in Bio with minors in Business and Computer Science. I also have alot of dental shadowing hours and research experience.

Have applied to about 13 programs. So far, I have gotten interviews at Baylor, NYU, and BU. Of the 3, only Baylor is before Dec.1.

I am getting kind of nervous since it is my understanding that most schools accept about 75% of thier prospective students by this date.

Is this true? Any thoughts or advice on interviewing after the first cut-off date? Obviously, it will be alot more competitive after Dec.1, right?

I wouldn't worry. Schools like NYU,BU with their March 1st 2005 deadlines definitely do not fill up on Dec. 1st. I am only applying in November and i'm not too worried about it. Good job with the interviews and best of luck

hey longhornfan21,

When did you submit your application to AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted my app to aadsas on july 27...it took them almost six weeks to process it

well, since I am a texas resident - staying in texas is my first priority...

any advice/thoughts from people applying to texas schools??