justhope

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Hi everyone in new to this forum and im just wondering how caribbean medical schools calculate their admission GPA. i.e do they follow the US MD method or the DO method. also, how does a repeated course factor into the calculation? do they use the most recent grade for that course or is everything cummulative.. just worried because being in my last year undergrad, i have had a few repeats.
any info wolud be greatly appreciated.

IMbound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
Status
Speaking about SGU specifically, they follow the US method is determining your GPA. It is based on the 4 point system. They also accept people from the British system and have a different set of requirements for each system. They will look most closely at your overall GPA and your MCAT scores. They take people from all different backrounds and your scores won't be the only thing they look at. Give them a try, you'd be surprised. I know people with undergrad GPAs anywhere from 2.8-4.0 who have attended SGU. I welcome any other q's

OP
J

justhope

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Thank you very much for your reply. the deal is i am currently in my last semester of college in michigan and my current overall gpa is a 3.4.. this is without computing the repeated class. i would like to know if schools like the big three and st matt will recalculate my gpa including the repeats.

IMbound

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
Status
justhope said:
Thank you very much for your reply. the deal is i am currently in my last semester of college in michigan and my current overall gpa is a 3.4.. this is without computing the repeated class. i would like to know if schools like the big three and st matt will recalculate my gpa including the repeats.
They most probably will look at your current overall GPA as it is now. As I said before, i'm sure you have a good shot at SGU with an overall of 3.4.