Admission in the Spring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superbill2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if some Pod schools start a class of students in the Spring in addition to the Fall. I heard Ohio might but after visiting their website I see no evidence of this.

Members don't see this ad.

NYCPM has two terms, both a January term and the traditional Fall term, that prospective students can apply for during each cycle. I would go to their school website so that you can see how they break up the semester course load differently btw the two different starting points.

If you start in January it will take you 4.5 yrs to complete your DPM compared to the traditional 4 yrs it would take if you started during the Fall semester.

At Western, first year students have the option of doing the ISAC course in the Summer (Intensive Summer Anatomy Course). We only had one student last year who did it, I'm not sure how many are doing it this year.

It basically takes the place of Gross Anatomy and while the rest of us are stressing over Anatomy (being the first course of the year), the ISAC students where taking it easy and causally studying for the upcoming classes. I heard it is pretty tough though, hence the name "Intensive."

Members don't see this ad :)
At Western, first year students have the option of doing the ISAC course in the Summer (Intensive Summer Anatomy Course). We only had one student last year who did it, I'm not sure how many are doing it this year.

It basically takes the place of Gross Anatomy and while the rest of us are stressing over Anatomy (being the first course of the year), the ISAC students where taking it easy and causally studying for the upcoming classes. I heard it is pretty tough though, hence the name "Intensive."

That sounds fun. I think I would have done that if it was offered to me.

Yeah, if I remember right Harkless and Jones said the course was about 3 weeks long? The plan (at the time I interviewed) was to have the students who completed the program TA for their classmates throughout the length of regular fall course. They were trying to secure the all the necessary funds but I think they wanted about 4 DPM students to participate this summer. I would have done it had I chosen to go to Western...would have lightened that 35-40 hour per week lecture/lab schedule in the fall.

All OCPM classes start in the fall. There is a 5 year program and the four year program.

Yeah, if I remember right Harkless and Jones said the course was about 3 weeks long? The plan (at the time I interviewed) was to have the students who completed the program TA for their classmates throughout the length of regular fall course. They were trying to secure the all the necessary funds but I think they wanted about 4 DPM students to participate this summer. I would have done it had I chosen to go to Western...would have lightened that 35-40 hour per week lecture/lab schedule in the fall.

That sounds about right!