Admission revoked from a medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Paracoccidiodes

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.89 GPA
27 MCAT
extensive research experience

I am taking 6 classes this semester and I fear getting a C in one of my classes.
I am pretty confident I will get As on the other 5. I have already been accepted to a US school, would my admission be revoked? I have never gotten a C before

Please give me advice! I'm still going to fight for a B!


edit: I'm in my second semester of med school and doing great, in case anyone is in the same situation. And I ended up getting 2 Bs and a C my last semester of undergrad... It hurt my pride a little but life moved on lol.
 
Last edited:
3.89 GPA
27 MCAT
extensive research experience

I am taking 6 classes this semester and I fear getting a C in one of my classes.
I am pretty confident I will get As on the other 5. I have already been accepted to a US school, would my admission be revoked? I have never gotten a C before

Please give me advice! I'm still going to fight for a B!
tumblr_lgswiiAGqo1qafrh6.gif


Seriously... everyone gets bad grades. You are going to get one or two in med school most likely. Life goes on, your school sure as heck wont care.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Absolutely. Ive heard of several premeds at my school getting their acceptances revoked for a drop in undergrad performance during their senior year of college. After all, if you start phoning it in after you get into medical school, what's to stop you from taking it easy during M4 year??!?!!

I suggest you do whatever it takes to prevent that C!!! Bribe or bang the professor, whatever it takes!!!!
 
tumblr_lgswiiAGqo1qafrh6.gif


Seriously... everyone gets bad grades. You are going to get one or two in med school most likely. Life goes on, your school sure as heck wont care.

I know everyone messes up every now and then but I'm worried that it'll be against their matriculation rules. On their site, it says that I have to continue doing well, but doesn't give a specific GPA or grade.
 
Absolutely. Ive heard of several premeds at my school getting their acceptances revoked for a drop in undergrad performance during their senior year of college. After all, if you start phoning it in after you get into medical school, what's to stop you from taking it easy during M4 year??!?!!

I suggest you do whatever it takes to prevent that C!!! Bribe or bang the professor, whatever it takes!!!!
Well I'd do neither of those, but I'm going to try to make a deal with the professor to get the final to replace my lowest test grade. Or extra credit.

Crap. I'm feeling reaaaally uneasy now.
 
can u make the course pass/fail? thats what im doing with a course this term and not studying
I doubt it, but I will still ask. He's a pretty strict professor so I'm not sure. But if I have have the final replace my lowest grade. I can kill the final and get a B.
 
Well I'd do neither of those, but I'm going to try to make a deal with the professor to get the final to replace my lowest test grade. Or extra credit.

Crap. I'm feeling reaaaally uneasy now.
He/she is being sarcastic...

A grade of a C is a pass - both for the course and for your degree (if the course is even required for your degree). Seriously, stop fussing. Nothing wrong with trying to work hard and get that B, but for real, this is so beyond a real problem it is almost funny.

You need to probably make sure you get yourself in check before school starts. I cant imagine going to med school with your current level of anxiety.
 
Don't worry. Wordead is trolling you hard.

Most people are shocked if M4s wait until afternoon to disappear for the day, at least after March.

No one is going to do anything to you for a single C.

Edit: I agree with those suggesting you may want to work on techniques for managing your anxiety. I can almost guarantee you that there will be at least one exam in med school you fail horrifically. Life will go on and you will be fine.
 
Haha Ok good! I appreciate everyone's advice. I just didn't want to jeopardize med school and wasn't sure what the consensus was. I know nobody is perfect, and I will fail at times, but I was just checking.
 
Last edited:
I've heard of people getting their med school acceptance revoked for something like this... when they failed a class and then failed to get their degree. If you pass, you're fine.

I got a C my last semester of college and my med school didn't gaf.
Ok yes yes this is good guys ✊
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard of people getting their med school acceptance revoked for something like this... when they failed a class and then failed to get their degree. If you pass, you're fine.

I got a C my last semester of college and my med school didn't gaf.
THAT is the important part. You need to make sure to pass if it is a requirement for your degree. You have to be able to show them that diploma (err your transcripts heh). Otherwise they wont care.
 
THAT is the important part. You need to make sure to pass if it is a requirement for your degree. You have to be able to show them that diploma (err your transcripts heh). Otherwise they wont care.

Some acceptances are contingent upon maintaining a similar academic performance. Some are contingent upon completing all pre-reqs and graduating with C's or better.

I've heard of the urban legend of the accepted student getting their acceptance revoked after getting straight C's but can't say I've seen it happen. Nonetheless, it would be reckless to assume grades don't matter as long as you get your diploma. Either way, one C in a semester or straight Bs are probably safe regardless of any contingency.
 
Be calm :whistle: and say :hello: to undergrad. It will be ok! Focus more on making the best of the last few months of undergrad, talk your professors, do fun things, do those things you may have skipped out on due to focusing too much on grades. :cigar: chill! So many other people accepted to med school have Cs, be sure of it. Not the end of the world. :uhno:
 
I'm sure it may blow your mind to find this out. But some people, actually got a "C" BEFORE they even applied to medical school, let alone after they got accepted. I wonder what ever happened to those poor souls. I believe many of them went on to be accepted into medical school without issue or trepidation.

Damn, I'm feeling ornery today. No bueno.
 
I'm sure it may blow your mind to find this out. But some people, actually got a "C" BEFORE they even applied to medical school, let alone after they got accepted. I wonder what ever happened to those poor souls. I believe many of them went on to be accepted into medical school without issue or trepidation.

Damn, I'm feeling ornery today. No bueno.
I even got a D, in Orgo no less! Going to UW med school this fall 🙂
 
3.89 GPA
27 MCAT
extensive research experience

I am taking 6 classes this semester and I fear getting a C in one of my classes.
I am pretty confident I will get As on the other 5. I have already been accepted to a US school, would my admission be revoked? I have never gotten a C before

Please give me advice! I'm still going to fight for a B!
If you tanked you GPA, got arrested for cocaine possession, and sold your kidney I imagine they might begin to care. Acceptances are pretty hard to lose. A GPA above 3.0 is golden for your last semester, you have nothing to worry about.
 
Haha Ok good! I appreciate everyone's advice. I just didn't want to jeopardize med school and wasn't sure what the consensus was. I know nobody is perfect, and I will fail at times, but I was just checking.

I was in the exact same position last spring, had never gotten a C before and knew I was for sure getting one and the school I matriculated at said as long as you don't fail its fine.
 
Post acceptance, senior year, I flat out winged it and failed 3 of my 4 p-Chem exams. Granted that somehow got curved to a B, but even if I passed with a C, it prob wouldn't have mattered. Go out and have fun, you're accepted, and it's your senior year, make the most of this time. Just don't fail any classes, or get arrested and I think you'll be fine lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.89 GPA
27 MCAT
extensive research experience

I am taking 6 classes this semester and I fear getting a C in one of my classes.
I am pretty confident I will get As on the other 5. I have already been accepted to a US school, would my admission be revoked? I have never gotten a C before

Please give me advice! I'm still going to fight for a B!

Just don't take an F.
 
If you're not trolling then something is wrong with you if you are are seriously worried about a C getting your admission revoked when you know you will likely get A's in all your other classes. Either you lack sense and/or you have serious anxiety issues. In either case, you need to address those or else med school is going to wreck you.

Sorry, just saying.