Admissions committees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acl3623

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, are the people that interview you in the actual admissions committee? do they go to the weekly/monthly/whatever meetings? or do most of them just sumbit a report of the interview and leave it to the group of people that decide on acceptances? i just interviewed (my first!) and both of the people were professors and they also interviewed all 10 people that were there that day...so i dont know....what do you all think??

Members don't see this ad.

acl3623 said:
so, are the people that interview you in the actual admissions committee? do they go to the weekly/monthly/whatever meetings? or do most of them just sumbit a report of the interview and leave it to the group of people that decide on acceptances? i just interviewed (my first!) and both of the people were professors and they also interviewed all 10 people that were there that day...so i dont know....what do you all think??

Most of them are on the ADCOM.

also, can you call to find out if you were accepted/rejected or do you just wait for the mail? i know that the committee is meeting next wed...

acl3623 said:
also, can you call to find out if you were accepted/rejected or do you just wait for the mail? i know that the committee is meeting next wed...

Patience my anxious friend. Ha, easy for me to say. You can call, but I would wait at least a few days for the mail to arrive. Some schools will tell you over the phone, and some won't, it just depends on their policy.