Admissions consulting services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As business connoisseurs, what do you think of these services? Overpriced, just right, not worth it? I may sign up with one--I'm tired of stressing about my admissions prospects for next year. Recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Total waste of money. Utilize your resources online and talk to M1's. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

rgarg3

resources online, like the ones that tell you to get good grades, a good mcat score, and volunteer, and youre set? i sense that many people feel plenty of luck and chance are involved in admissions. it shouldnt be like this--its like going into war without a strategy and hoping to win. there has to be a plan of attack, and how would an M1 know how adcoms function? why would one want listen to your woes and personal situation for several months on end anyway, for your eventual gratitude? M1s themselves dont even know exactly what gets them accepted or rejected, they just take it and move on. what leads you to your conclusion?

Members don't see this ad :)
doesn't your university offer free academic advising? I got into medical school and also most of my friends without any paid consulting service. my sense for admission into medical school- look at schools where your gpa/science gpa and MCAT scores are higher than the school's. Apply early, and you should be pretty a competitive applicant. my gut feeling (please feel free to disagree with me) is that the most important things are pretty much GPA and MCAT. all I schools I interviewed at, they first looked at that, then asked for an interview. at the interview, then they screened my ec. I honestly don't know how much paid consult would help you anymore than whats written on online forums, but if you feel more comfortable with such a service, more power to you. Good luck with the process, I know its a pain.

rgarg3

ps- look at www.examkrackers.com
they've got an excellent med school admission forum thats run by an med school admission counselor.

Shredder said:
resources online, like the ones that tell you to get good grades, a good mcat score, and volunteer, and youre set? i sense that many people feel plenty of luck and chance are involved in admissions. it shouldnt be like this--its like going into war without a strategy and hoping to win. there has to be a plan of attack, and how would an M1 know how adcoms function? why would one want listen to your woes and personal situation for several months on end anyway, for your eventual gratitude? M1s themselves dont even know exactly what gets them accepted or rejected, they just take it and move on. what leads you to your conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.