admissions process and dating // 's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickfix

dental resident
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't help but notice the parallel's of dating and the dental school admissions proccess. At first one has to seduce the dental school into thinking they are "Mr./Mrs. Right". There is letter writing and quite possibly phone conversations.

Then comes the interview date if you are lucky enough to have progressed this far. Yes, it is date, isn't it. You dress to impress, you show them your's and they show you theirs. Most of the time there is a handshake (hug or kiss) goodbye.

Post interview is the time to shower them with Godiva's and more love letter's. Not to mention more phonecalls or even emails to the admissioins peeps. It's a tumultuous time.

After waiting for forever for your significant other to make up their mind, you hopefully get lucky. It's time for marriage.

a ball and chain 4 year binder that will leave you in debt, no doubt.

any thoughts?

:horns:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by quickfix
thinking they are "Mr./Mrs. Right".

:eek: that would be Mr/Miss, Ms or Mrs Right....

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your thought's Krull!

Interesting parallel, one with which I won't disagree.

Dude, who do you think you are??? That does not make any sense to me. Where do you go to school??? I can't believe they taught you to think along those lines.

I totally agree with the dating parallel, I thought about it while I was driving home from an interview last week......to add to the analogy, the dreaded 'alternate list' totally figures in to the dating parallel...like if you like someone but are waiting for something better to come along and are only using them as backup, you tell them you don't want a commitment, hence they are on your 'alternate list.' Also, those that hold multiple acceptances at various schools could be said to be 'playing' those schools. And, if a school doesn't want you, or waitlists you, it makes you want IT that much more. :love:

Some dental schools are prude and never give it up?or only to a few people.
Some dental schools are ****** and put out hardcore.
I prefer the later.
This is all I have to add to the analogy.

I think you're wrong, quickfix, there's a better chance of getting ass(accepted) on the first date when you take a girl out. Dental school makes you wait too long for the inevitable.

I agree the Op.

I should also add: Dental schools are like women, if one turns you down, there is always another one available. :hardy:

Originally posted by hi-speed513
I totally agree with the dating parallel, I thought about it while I was driving home from an interview last week......to add to the analogy, the dreaded 'alternate list' totally figures in to the dating parallel...like if you like someone but are waiting for something better to come along and are only using them as backup, you tell them you don't want a commitment, hence they are on your 'alternate list.' Also, those that hold multiple acceptances at various schools could be said to be 'playing' those schools. And, if a school doesn't want you, or waitlists you, it makes you want IT that much more. :love:

You reminded me of that Chris Rock joke where he talks about a ____ in a glass case. 'In case of emergency, break glass' :D

Originally posted by Calculus1
I think you're wrong, quickfix, there's a better chance of getting ass(accepted) on the first date when you take a girl out. Dental school makes you wait too long for the inevitable.

Not these dental schools, no sir. They need to be wined and dined first.