Admissions question regarding April/August MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gluon999

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the MCAT this past weekend and I don't think so good. Although I am just gonna wait for my scores now, I think there is a chance that I will take the August MCAT.

My question is, is there a place on the AMCAS that lets us let the adcom know that we know we haven't done so stellar on the April MCAT and plan to take the August MCAT, so they shouldn't reject us right away based on the April MCAT score? I plan to apply in early June, so I think they might look at my possibly low MCAT scores and reject me right away.

Members don't see this ad.

gluon999 said:
So I took the MCAT this past weekend and I don't think so good. Although I am just gonna wait for my scores now, I think there is a chance that I will take the August MCAT.

My question is, is there a place on the AMCAS that lets us let the adcom know that we know we haven't done so stellar on the April MCAT and plan to take the August MCAT, so they shouldn't reject us right away based on the April MCAT score? I plan to apply in early June, so I think they might look at my possibly low MCAT scores and reject me right away.

even though you can submit your amcas before the scores are released, you should wait until after seeing your official scores. This allows you to officially indicate/decide (by checking the little box) whether you plan to retake.

derf said:
even though you can submit your amcas before the scores are released, you should wait until after seeing your official scores. This allows you to officially indicate/decide (by checking the little box) whether you plan to retake.

Cool. I guess the AMCAS people put some thought into the application after all.