Admissions to DPT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tazzeroni

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new and I stumbled across this site via google. I'm currently in the process of applying to DPT graduate programs (Oakland University, Grand Valley State University, University of Michigan--Flint, and Pittsburgh). I'm a little concerned about my GPA, which will probably be about 3.25 by the time I graduate. I had a couple of bad semesters when I started college, and I'm also a Physiology major so I've had to take upper level Biochem and Physio courses. For the past few semesters, my GPA has been a 3.8, and I know that some programs really only focus on the last 60 or so credits. Additionally, I recently took the GRE and got 750 on the Quantitative, 590 on Verbal, and 5 on the Analytical section, so I'm hoping this will help. I also have about 100 hours of volunteer experience and I am a nationally registered EMT. Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of you have been in the same situation, and if so, what has been the outcome.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

All of your scores are great, pre-reqs sound fulfilled with a good GPA (You're right that most programs only focus on the last 60 hours).

Interview well, and sell yourself to the admission committees and I don't think you'll have any problems.