admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncogene

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the average G.P.A. for admission to pod school? I have heard so many different things about this. Are there more applicants than seats? These questions seem to be hard to find. D any of you know? Thanks.

Oncogene

Members don't see this ad.

From what ive heard from others...yes and no about pod admissions. There are more seats available than students, but this is slowly changing. Schools like Scholl,Des Moines, and Temple are ones that each have their own advantages and are all very good programs. I would believe that these schools have higher matriculating MCAT scores and GPA's though.

oncogene said:
What is the average G.P.A. for admission to pod school? I have heard so many different things about this. Are there more applicants than seats? These questions seem to be hard to find. D any of you know? Thanks.

Oncogene

You should contact each of the school's admissions department and get specific info from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the job prospects for a Podiatrist? Also, I know this qestion may sound a bit strange, but are Podiatrists doctors? ("Dr.")

UofT-Girl said:
Does anyone know the job prospects for a Podiatrist? Also, I know this qestion may sound a bit strange, but are Podiatrists doctors? ("Dr.")

D.P.M = Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
They are doctors but many M.D. and D.O pre-med students will argue that they are not physicians.

Here are a couple of links for the job prospects for podiatrists:
Career Zone from AACPM website
U.S. Department of Labor

Hope this helps

Jays2Cool4u :cool: