Admitted off Wait-list at UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roybears

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been waitlisted at UCSF this year (my position is high thirties) and was wondering what my chances were. I'm wondering if,

1) anyone out there had the experience of being admitted off the waitlist at UCSF;
If yes,
2) what your starting position was;
3) when you received notification of admission.

With my fingers crossed, thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent you a PM :)

Apteka said:
I just sent you a PM :)

Hello Apteka

Would you please share your insights with me also. I have also been placed on the wait list and my ranking is low teens. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey you guys,
I was waitlisted last year and got in. I think that my initial # was 17. They told me that I was accepted the Thursday before classes started, and gave me 24 hours to decide. I was actually in my 3rd week of classes at UOP when they told me. So...it is possible, but there just is no telling how things will turn out. They only took two people from the waitlist my year.
-jason

jason UCSD2000 said:
Hey you guys,
I was waitlisted last year and got in. I think that my initial # was 17. They told me that I was accepted the Thursday before classes started, and gave me 24 hours to decide. I was actually in my 3rd week of classes at UOP when they told me. So...it is possible, but there just is no telling how things will turn out. They only took two people from the waitlist my year.
-jason

So are you still at UOP now?

I received my notification 2 days after classes started, so anything is possible!

Hi. I am also placed on the waitlist. I'm in the 40s and I really don't have a clue of what my chances are. I've been receiving updates of my position by regular mail and so far my position hasn't changed at all. For those students who got admitted off the waitlist last year, what do you think? What position on the waitlist is reasonably favorable? And how many people do they put on the waitlist each year? Does anybody know how the admission process works? Thanks! :oops:

jason UCSD2000 said:
Hey you guys,
-jason

How do they decide who gets in from the waitlist? It seems like a pretty random process if you were #17 and only 2 were accepted from the waitlist.

Hi guys!
I'm on the waitlist (mid-teens) as well and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's been on the waitlist this year and got accepted? I know of only one so far who got in last week. also, I haven't received any acknowledgments except an email regarding my position when I first replied. Has anyone else gotten letters from them? thanks again!

SDgirl01 said:
Hi guys!
I'm on the waitlist (mid-teens) as well and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's been on the waitlist this year and got accepted? I know of only one so far who got in last week. also, I haven't received any acknowledgments except an email regarding my position when I first replied. Has anyone else gotten letters from them? thanks again!

my friend said if you're in the mid twenties, you should be able to get in. here's another way to look at it (a plus ;) ): she applied last yr to pharm schools when UCSD let in only 30 people. There are 30 more spots at UCSD this yr, "freeing" up 30 extra spots at UCSF (not to say all those who got in to both UCSD and UCSF will choose UCSD) that otherwise would not have been available, but that's something positive to consider for those on the UCSF waitlist. :thumbup:

Hello again!
just wanted to thank you all for your feedback. as of today, i am going to ucsf! (praise God!) i was #16 on the waitlist, so there's still hope and it's not too late b/c spots will keep on opening up! for those of you going there, i'll cya there in fall =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello.
I'm also on the waitlist. Does anybody know how many candidates are put on the waitlist and what is the position they are calling right now? Thanks! :)

SDgirl01 said:
Hello again!
just wanted to thank you all for your feedback. as of today, i am going to ucsf! (praise God!) i was #16 on the waitlist, so there's still hope and it's not too late b/c spots will keep on opening up! for those of you going there, i'll cya there in fall =)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farmacia said:
Hello.
I'm also on the waitlist. Does anybody know how many candidates are put on the waitlist and what is the position they are calling right now? Thanks! :)

Not sure on the number, last year they were in the 30's and I believe they may go up to 50...but the disclaimer here is it changes every year...

endlesslove said:
my friend said if you're in the mid twenties, you should be able to get in. here's another way to look at it (a plus ;) ): she applied last yr to pharm schools when UCSD let in only 30 people. There are 30 more spots at UCSD this yr, "freeing" up 30 extra spots at UCSF (not to say all those who got in to both UCSD and UCSF will choose UCSD) that otherwise would not have been available, but that's something positive to consider for those on the UCSF waitlist. :thumbup:

Oh come on now, girl.

lol

30 more spots at UCSD = 30 more openings at UCSF.

We have a lot to offer and if anyone wants to hear about it, feel free to PM me.

also visit our website:

pharmacy.ucsf.edu

Just look at the current stats, what we have accomplished, our faculty, our program (which UCSD is based off of), etc.

The area?

Come on now; don't be so biased.

:)

i'm number 22-- so you think i'll get in?!.. thats exciting
i think i'm on the border.. =(
i'm currently suffering through organic chem II LAB for usc..
=(
i hope i get in!

Oneday_9 said:
Oh come on now, girl.

lol

We have a lot to offer and if anyone wants to hear about it, feel free to PM me.

also visit our website:

pharmacy.ucsf.edu

Just look at the current stats, what we have accomplished, our faculty, our program (which UCSD is based off of), etc.

The area?

Oneday_9 said:
Oh come on now, girl.

lol

also visit our website:

pharmacy.ucsf.edu

The area?

shut up, old punkass birthday boy. :p btw, after we left Gravity tonight, I missed the LAST BART back to the East Bay! but youngskywalker and his friend were soooo nice and drove me all the way home!! ahh! maybe i should've totally chosen UCSF, but either way, it's still a hard decision! both are excellent schools! c/o 2009: these ucsf kids are sooo damn nice!! happy 27th! hope you had fun!

roybears said:
I've been waitlisted at UCSF this year (my position is high thirties) and was wondering what my chances were. I'm wondering if,

1) anyone out there had the experience of being admitted off the waitlist at UCSF;
If yes,
2) what your starting position was;
3) when you received notification of admission.

With my fingers crossed, thanks in advance.

Good news guys! I've been admitted off the waitlist! my starting position was 22. I recieved notification Yesterday! Of course I accepted and I'm so excited !

crest29 said:
Good news guys! I've been admitted off the waitlist! my starting position was 22. I recieved notification Yesterday! Of course I accepted and I'm so excited !

congrats, if you got any questions there's a good UCSF community here to help you out

crest29 said:

Congrats!!!!!

crest29 said:

Congrats! :) Wanna add this acceptance to the Roll Call? Have you decided between UCSF and USC?

FutureRxGal said:
Congrats! :) Wanna add this acceptance to the Roll Call? Have you decided between UCSF and USC?

Oh, yeah! ucsf! thanks

Congratulation! Looking forward to see you in Sept.

Hey,

I just wanted to say congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering what your last position was? How many numbers did you move up? Good luck!

I don't know what my last position was. I was just #22 the whole time
It's only May too! I bet they'll go into the thirties by september!

H20Suga said:
Hey,

I just wanted to say congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering what your last position was? How many numbers did you move up? Good luck!

crest29 said:

Hey Crest29,
Congrats again!! muah :) ! We're going to have such a great time! :D
pharmer_tami ;)

Congratulations on your acceptances, SDgirl01 and crest29.

How were you notified that you had been accepted? Email, phone call??? And how long did you have to make your decision?

Thanks.

thanks! =) i was notified by phone, then email. they usually just ask you on the spot whether you want to accept the open position or not. i'm not sure if ur still waiting but goodluck w/ that!

roybears said:
Congratulations on your acceptances, SDgirl01 and crest29.

How were you notified that you had been accepted? Email, phone call??? And how long did you have to make your decision?

Thanks.

SDgirl01 said:
thanks! =) i was notified by phone, then email. they usually just ask you on the spot whether you want to accept the open position or not. i'm not sure if ur still waiting but goodluck w/ that!

How many people were on the waiting list to begin with? Do you know?

imagex said:
How many people were on the waiting list to begin with? Do you know?

I'm not sure... I heard they put 60 people? Somebody correct me please!

Hi everyone! I heard there will be a big update in June for waitlist people. I hope that's true. I'm still hanging in there...

UCSF included this update schedule with their first update mailing:

ALTERNATE UPDATE SCHEDULE
------------------------------
...........................SENT BY
MAIL UPDATE#2......5/06/05
MAIL UPDATE#3......6/03/05
MAIL UPDATE#4......7/01/05
EMAIL UPDATE#1.....8/05/05
EMAIL UPDATE#2.....8/12/05
EMAIL UPDATE#3.....8/19/05
EMAIL UPDATE#4.....8/26/05
EMAIL UPDATE#5.....9/02/05

**BUMP**
I was rumaging around in the archives and found this little tidbit. Thought it might be useful for those of us put on the waitlist by UCSF. Good luck y'all.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: