Admitted off Wait-list at UCSF?

roybears

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
31
0
San Francisco Bay Area
  1. Pharmacy Student
    I've been waitlisted at UCSF this year (my position is high thirties) and was wondering what my chances were. I'm wondering if,

    1) anyone out there had the experience of being admitted off the waitlist at UCSF;
    If yes,
    2) what your starting position was;
    3) when you received notification of admission.

    With my fingers crossed, thanks in advance.
     
    About the Ads

    jason UCSD2000

    tabasco is my friend
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 5, 2003
    285
    0
    47
    3rd Ave, Baby!
      Hey you guys,
      I was waitlisted last year and got in. I think that my initial # was 17. They told me that I was accepted the Thursday before classes started, and gave me 24 hours to decide. I was actually in my 3rd week of classes at UOP when they told me. So...it is possible, but there just is no telling how things will turn out. They only took two people from the waitlist my year.
      -jason
       

      roybears

      Junior Member
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 1, 2004
      31
      0
      San Francisco Bay Area
      1. Pharmacy Student
        jason UCSD2000 said:
        Hey you guys,
        I was waitlisted last year and got in. I think that my initial # was 17. They told me that I was accepted the Thursday before classes started, and gave me 24 hours to decide. I was actually in my 3rd week of classes at UOP when they told me. So...it is possible, but there just is no telling how things will turn out. They only took two people from the waitlist my year.
        -jason

        So are you still at UOP now?
         

        flor

        Member
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Apr 9, 2005
        47
        0
        San Francisco
          Hi. I am also placed on the waitlist. I'm in the 40s and I really don't have a clue of what my chances are. I've been receiving updates of my position by regular mail and so far my position hasn't changed at all. For those students who got admitted off the waitlist last year, what do you think? What position on the waitlist is reasonably favorable? And how many people do they put on the waitlist each year? Does anybody know how the admission process works? Thanks! :oops:
           

          =o)

          New Member
          10+ Year Member
          Apr 7, 2005
          2
          0
            jason UCSD2000 said:
            Hey you guys,
            I was waitlisted last year and got in. I think that my initial # was 17. They told me that I was accepted the Thursday before classes started, and gave me 24 hours to decide. I was actually in my 3rd week of classes at UOP when they told me. So...it is possible, but there just is no telling how things will turn out. They only took two people from the waitlist my year.
            -jason

            How do they decide who gets in from the waitlist? It seems like a pretty random process if you were #17 and only 2 were accepted from the waitlist.
             

            SDgirl01

            New Member
            10+ Year Member
            Apr 13, 2005
            3
            0
              Hi guys!
              I'm on the waitlist (mid-teens) as well and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's been on the waitlist this year and got accepted? I know of only one so far who got in last week. also, I haven't received any acknowledgments except an email regarding my position when I first replied. Has anyone else gotten letters from them? thanks again!
               

              endlesslove

              Senior Member
              10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Sep 19, 2004
              363
              0
              USA
                SDgirl01 said:
                Hi guys!
                I'm on the waitlist (mid-teens) as well and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's been on the waitlist this year and got accepted? I know of only one so far who got in last week. also, I haven't received any acknowledgments except an email regarding my position when I first replied. Has anyone else gotten letters from them? thanks again!

                my friend said if you're in the mid twenties, you should be able to get in. here's another way to look at it (a plus ;) ): she applied last yr to pharm schools when UCSD let in only 30 people. There are 30 more spots at UCSD this yr, "freeing" up 30 extra spots at UCSF (not to say all those who got in to both UCSD and UCSF will choose UCSD) that otherwise would not have been available, but that's something positive to consider for those on the UCSF waitlist. :thumbup:
                 

                SDgirl01

                New Member
                10+ Year Member
                Apr 13, 2005
                3
                0
                  Hello again!
                  just wanted to thank you all for your feedback. as of today, i am going to ucsf! (praise God!) i was #16 on the waitlist, so there's still hope and it's not too late b/c spots will keep on opening up! for those of you going there, i'll cya there in fall =)
                   
                  About the Ads

                  Oneday_9

                  Senior Member
                  7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Nov 9, 2003
                  405
                  0
                  43
                  San Francisco, CA
                    farmacia said:
                    Hello.
                    I'm also on the waitlist. Does anybody know how many candidates are put on the waitlist and what is the position they are calling right now? Thanks! :)


                    Not sure on the number, last year they were in the 30's and I believe they may go up to 50...but the disclaimer here is it changes every year...
                     

                    Oneday_9

                    Senior Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Nov 9, 2003
                    405
                    0
                    43
                    San Francisco, CA
                      endlesslove said:
                      my friend said if you're in the mid twenties, you should be able to get in. here's another way to look at it (a plus ;) ): she applied last yr to pharm schools when UCSD let in only 30 people. There are 30 more spots at UCSD this yr, "freeing" up 30 extra spots at UCSF (not to say all those who got in to both UCSD and UCSF will choose UCSD) that otherwise would not have been available, but that's something positive to consider for those on the UCSF waitlist. :thumbup:


                      Oh come on now, girl.

                      lol

                      30 more spots at UCSD = 30 more openings at UCSF.

                      We have a lot to offer and if anyone wants to hear about it, feel free to PM me.

                      also visit our website:

                      pharmacy.ucsf.edu

                      Just look at the current stats, what we have accomplished, our faculty, our program (which UCSD is based off of), etc.

                      The area?

                      Come on now; don't be so biased.

                      :)
                       

                      crest29

                      Member
                      10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      Jun 23, 2004
                      58
                      0
                      39
                      San Diego
                        i'm number 22-- so you think i'll get in?!.. thats exciting
                        i think i'm on the border.. =(
                        i'm currently suffering through organic chem II LAB for usc..
                        =(
                        i hope i get in!

                        Oneday_9 said:
                        Oh come on now, girl.

                        lol

                        30 more spots at UCSD = 30 more openings at UCSF.

                        We have a lot to offer and if anyone wants to hear about it, feel free to PM me.

                        also visit our website:

                        pharmacy.ucsf.edu

                        Just look at the current stats, what we have accomplished, our faculty, our program (which UCSD is based off of), etc.

                        The area?

                        Come on now; don't be so biased.

                        :)
                         

                        endlesslove

                        Senior Member
                        10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Sep 19, 2004
                        363
                        0
                        USA
                          Oneday_9 said:
                          Oh come on now, girl.

                          lol

                          30 more spots at UCSD = 30 more openings at UCSF.

                          We have a lot to offer and if anyone wants to hear about it, feel free to PM me.

                          also visit our website:

                          pharmacy.ucsf.edu

                          Just look at the current stats, what we have accomplished, our faculty, our program (which UCSD is based off of), etc.

                          The area?

                          Come on now; don't be so biased.

                          :)

                          shut up, old punkass birthday boy. :p btw, after we left Gravity tonight, I missed the LAST BART back to the East Bay! but youngskywalker and his friend were soooo nice and drove me all the way home!! ahh! maybe i should've totally chosen UCSF, but either way, it's still a hard decision! both are excellent schools! c/o 2009: these ucsf kids are sooo damn nice!! happy 27th! hope you had fun!
                           

                          crest29

                          Member
                          10+ Year Member
                          5+ Year Member
                          Jun 23, 2004
                          58
                          0
                          39
                          San Diego
                            roybears said:
                            I've been waitlisted at UCSF this year (my position is high thirties) and was wondering what my chances were. I'm wondering if,

                            1) anyone out there had the experience of being admitted off the waitlist at UCSF;
                            If yes,
                            2) what your starting position was;
                            3) when you received notification of admission.

                            With my fingers crossed, thanks in advance.


                            Good news guys! I've been admitted off the waitlist! my starting position was 22. I recieved notification Yesterday! Of course I accepted and I'm so excited !
                             
                            About the Ads

                            Glycerin

                            Commercially Unavailable
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            10+ Year Member
                            15+ Year Member
                            Mar 18, 2004
                            3,341
                            5
                            Squint your eyes and look closer.
                            1. Pharmacist
                              crest29 said:
                              Good news guys! I've been admitted off the waitlist! my starting position was 22. I recieved notification Yesterday! Of course I accepted and I'm so excited !

                              Congrats! :) Wanna add this acceptance to the Roll Call? Have you decided between UCSF and USC?
                               

                              crest29

                              Member
                              10+ Year Member
                              5+ Year Member
                              Jun 23, 2004
                              58
                              0
                              39
                              San Diego
                                I don't know what my last position was. I was just #22 the whole time
                                It's only May too! I bet they'll go into the thirties by september!

                                H20Suga said:
                                Hey,

                                I just wanted to say congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering what your last position was? How many numbers did you move up? Good luck!
                                 

                                SDgirl01

                                New Member
                                10+ Year Member
                                Apr 13, 2005
                                3
                                0
                                  thanks! =) i was notified by phone, then email. they usually just ask you on the spot whether you want to accept the open position or not. i'm not sure if ur still waiting but goodluck w/ that!

                                  roybears said:
                                  Congratulations on your acceptances, SDgirl01 and crest29.

                                  How were you notified that you had been accepted? Email, phone call??? And how long did you have to make your decision?

                                  Thanks.
                                   

                                  imagex

                                  Junior Member
                                  10+ Year Member
                                  5+ Year Member
                                  Dec 18, 2004
                                  16
                                  0
                                    SDgirl01 said:
                                    thanks! =) i was notified by phone, then email. they usually just ask you on the spot whether you want to accept the open position or not. i'm not sure if ur still waiting but goodluck w/ that!

                                    How many people were on the waiting list to begin with? Do you know?
                                     

                                    roybears

                                    Junior Member
                                    10+ Year Member
                                    5+ Year Member
                                    Oct 1, 2004
                                    31
                                    0
                                    San Francisco Bay Area
                                    1. Pharmacy Student
                                      UCSF included this update schedule with their first update mailing:

                                      ALTERNATE UPDATE SCHEDULE
                                      ------------------------------
                                      ...........................SENT BY
                                      MAIL UPDATE#2......5/06/05
                                      MAIL UPDATE#3......6/03/05
                                      MAIL UPDATE#4......7/01/05
                                      EMAIL UPDATE#1.....8/05/05
                                      EMAIL UPDATE#2.....8/12/05
                                      EMAIL UPDATE#3.....8/19/05
                                      EMAIL UPDATE#4.....8/26/05
                                      EMAIL UPDATE#5.....9/02/05
                                       
                                      About the Ads
                                      This thread is more than 15 years old.

                                      Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

                                      1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                      7. This thread is locked.