Admitted student's day attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

datdentalnerd

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering what is the proper attire to wear for an admitted student's day. Since there is no direct faculty interaction for the most part, should we wear a formal suit, or is jeans, cardigan, dress top/ blouse acceptable? I assume there will be a lot of walking and would like to be comfortable but still well-dressed.
 
I was wondering what is the proper attire to wear for an admitted student's day. Since there is no direct faculty interaction for the most part, should we wear a formal suit, or is jeans, cardigan, dress top/ blouse acceptable? I assume there will be a lot of walking and would like to be comfortable but still well-dressed.
dress professionally, does not need to be full on interview attire, but you should not stand out and be "that guy/girl"
there will likely be picture taking and presentations
there may be informal faculty/staff interactions, and i would bet that the student services/admissions staff and perhaps the dean and/or assistant deans may check in
yes, comfortable walking shoes are necessary
there will be a range of attire, so anything goes, but it's best not to stand out to your new classmates/upperclassmen/faculty/staff