ADN or BSN pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeapharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live near a technical college and community college which offer pre reqs needed for nursing. The technical college is right up the road from my apt but the community college is in another town and their schedule conflicts with my work schedule.

Would it be wise to take pre reqs at a technical college? The two schools are accredicated by the same association

I am not sure if I want to go for an ADN or BSN in Nursing since I already have a BBA in Management

Members don't see this ad.

It shouldn't really matter where you do your pre-req's. Just make sure that your pre-req's will transfer properly wherever you decide to obtain your ADN or BSN from.

sistermike said:
It shouldn't really matter where you do your pre-req's. Just make sure that your pre-req's will transfer properly wherever you decide to obtain your ADN or BSN from.
I concur. :thumbup:

Good advice. Compare what pre-reqs are needed for both - I was a nurse befoer med school... it took me 1 semester more of prereqs to get a BSN than an ADN (and if you've got a bachelor's already, it most likely would be the same... it's 2 years of nursing school for either program).
Good luck