adolescent health fellowship

Started by koonafa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koonafa

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone. I was just curious if anyone knew if Adolescent Health fellowships are tough to get into? Along the same lines, does anyone know of good websites that talk about what residency/fellowship programs are good for Peds. Thanks, i'm new here!!
 
No ... I'm fairly certain that they are pretty easy to get into, though I have no data to back that up. Peds is certainly not the most competitive ... my guess would be cards, nicu, picu would be the most competitive.

koonafa said:
hi everyone. I was just curious if anyone knew if Adolescent Health fellowships are tough to get into? Along the same lines, does anyone know of good websites that talk about what residency/fellowship programs are good for Peds. Thanks, i'm new here!!
 
pedsid said:
No ... I'm fairly certain that they are pretty easy to get into, though I have no data to back that up. Peds is certainly not the most competitive ... my guess would be cards, nicu, picu would be the most competitive.

Adolescent medicine fellowships aren't that tough to get into, depending on the program. You can do adolescent medicine from IM or FP as well as peds (it is then a 2 year fellowship instead of 3). Try the Society for Adolescent Medicine (www.adolescenthealth.org) for more info.