Advanced exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dp101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I’m sure this has been discussed several times in other threads, but I was hoping to get some advice on the written exam.
I know big blue was previously the go to for review, however I’ve read that’s it out dated now and not helpful.
Has anyone tried The Pass Machine? I saw a video of theirs and liked how it followed along with the pdf (reminded me of DIT).
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I’m sure this has been discussed several times in other threads, but I was hoping to get some advice on the written exam.
I know big blue was previously the go to for review, however I’ve read that’s it out dated now and not helpful.
Has anyone tried The Pass Machine? I saw a video of theirs and liked how it followed along with the pdf (reminded me of DIT).
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

i would definitely include True learn as part of your studying, and recommend other things as additional. reason is because i believe most residents/recent grads are using truelearn, and when most ppl use one source and you dont use it, and its graded on a curve, you risk placing yourself at a huge disadvantage. so i would do truelearn and do the additional stuff if you feel like it. however Truelearn is pretty expensive (not sure how much others cost since i only used TL)

i would definitely include True learn as part of your studying, and recommend other things as additional. reason is because i believe most residents/recent grads are using truelearn, and when most ppl use one source and you dont use it, and its graded on a curve, you risk placing yourself at a huge disadvantage. so i would do truelearn and do the additional stuff if you feel like it. however Truelearn is pretty expensive (not sure how much others cost since i only used TL)
True learn but make sure that this is the latest everyone is studying off. 80%
Anesconsult: at least go over the statistics twice unless you are a pro.
Follow ASA learning.
Be strong in regional anes like its second nature

I agree. TrueLearn is the main stay of my studying, but wanted to supplement with something else. A colleague said pass machine was good so I wanted to hear other peoples thoughts.