Advanced GI/MIS Fellowship Interview Thread 2016/2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SoonerdocDO

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen some threads for MIS/Bariatric ***2016-17 MIS/Bariatric Fellowship Interview Thread*** interviews. I started this as a separate thread to share interview feedback. I know there is a lot of cross over between MIS and Bariatric. I just wanted to have one for people applying specifically to Advanced GI/MIS.

So far I've heard from six programs for interview offers:

U of Nebraska
U of Florida-Jacksonville
VCU
George Washington U
Hackensack UMC
Carolinas MC

One of my classmates also applied, and she has also gotten offers from

Shady Shore
Mayo-Jacksonville
 
I've seen some threads for MIS/Bariatric ***2016-17 MIS/Bariatric Fellowship Interview Thread*** interviews. I started this as a separate thread to share interview feedback. I know there is a lot of cross over between MIS and Bariatric. I just wanted to have one for people applying specifically to Advanced GI/MIS.

So far I've heard from six programs for interview offers:

U of Nebraska
U of Florida-Jacksonville
VCU
George Washington U
Hackensack UMC
Carolinas MC

One of my classmates also applied, and she has also gotten offers from

Shady Shore
Mayo-Jacksonville

No worries about the competition in threads. The one I started is just a general one, there seem to be so many variations of MIS/Foregut/Bariatric etc., that it's prob easier to keep it all together. best of luck to you.