Advanced PTEeXAM question - need to do Basic first?

Started by jope
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jope

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started a CV Anesthesia fellowship in Canada after having just finished residency. I was wondering with regards to the advanced PTE exam, do we have to do the basic exam first? If so, it seems like the next basic exam isn't until next July so I would have to wait another year before doing the advanced one?
 
I just started a CV Anesthesia fellowship in Canada after having just finished residency. I was wondering with regards to the advanced PTE exam, do we have to do the basic exam first? If so, it seems like the next basic exam isn't until next July so I would have to wait another year before doing the advanced one?

No. You can just take the advanced exam. That's what most people do which is why the basic exam is not offered very frequently.