Program-Specific Info / Q's Adventist ADU MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorbait2342

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Who all is applying to Adventist for the 2017-2018 application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mind sharing your stats? I was hoping we could all compile them here to get a better glimpse of possible future classmates!

Mine are:
Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Health Education and Behavior
cGPA: 3.55
pGPA: 3.51
GRE: 153v 151q 4.5w
Observation hours: 107 total, split between pediatrics, neuro, hand therapy, geriatrics, mental health, general health and wellness, and work/industry!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Undergraduate University: Maryville University of Saint Louis
Degree: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.5
GRE: 149 V 148 Q 3.5 AW

Volunteer:
- Variety of volunteering in church for 7+ years, kids with development delays, in senior living centers, Cardinal Glennon, Habitat for Humanity etc.

Work:
- Montessori Infant Caregiver for 2 1/2 years (3000+ hours)

Misc: CPR/AED certified, Deans list for 3 years, Awarded Scholarship, Honor Society, Community Service Club, VP of Pre-OT club, Best Buddies, Community outreach class (Opening Minds through Art)

Observation experience:
- 130+ hours in six different settings.

References:
- Montessori daycare director
- OT professor for Community outreach class
- OT I observed in Peds

Undergraduate University: University of Central Florida
Degree: Psychology Minor Cognitive Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.33 cum, 3.67 in Upper level courses
Prerequisite GPA 3.5 - 3.8
GRE: V: 160 Q: 157 AW: 4.0

Shadowing:
Certified Hand therapist 31 hours
Was told at an fiu open house that 30 hours was enough and now I'm a bit worried about my observational hours after seeing other applicants on here. Is it too late to add hours at this point?

Rec letters
A&P professor
OT shadow
Should i add my retail store manager or possibly from an old professor?

Extra/curricular
Research assistant in Industrial Organized Psychology Lab one year. Big Brothers big sisters mentor.

Applying: FIU, FGCU, Adventist, (St Augustine spring depending if I don't get accepted to any fall programs

Undergraduate University: University of Central Florida
Degree: Psychology Minor Cognitive Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.33 cum, 3.67 in Upper level courses
Prerequisite GPA 3.5 - 3.8
GRE: V: 160 Q: 157 AW: 4.0

Shadowing:
Certified Hand therapist 31 hours
Was told at an fiu open house that 30 hours was enough and now I'm a bit worried about my observational hours after seeing other applicants on here. Is it too late to add hours at this point?

Rec letters
A&P professor
OT shadow
Should i add my retail store manager or possibly from an old professor?

Extra/curricular
Research assistant in Industrial Organized Psychology Lab one year. Big Brothers big sisters mentor.

Applying: FIU, FGCU, Adventist, (St Augustine spring depending if I don't get accepted to any fall programs

I don't think it's too late to add hours! I know with FGCU at least, you need two separate settings of observation so I would make sure that you complete that as it is required. For me, obtaining hours was really difficult; I reached out to 56 OT locations and only got 2 yes replies, so I tried to do all I could at those. I would ask the OT you shadowed under if they know any other OTs in the area and try to even just do a few hours. Whatever you can add will help! Also though, some schools don't weigh observation hours. I currently go to UF and they explicitly only look at 30 hours, even if you have 2000 total. It varies per school so I wouldn't stress FIU too much if that's what they told you! Also take comfort though that your stats are AWESOME so that'll help you out a ton!

I did. But worried about GRE Score. It was on the low end

Hey all! I just applied to ADU and now I guess we wait to hear for an interview in March. I was wondering, does anyone know how many people typically apply to ADU? I think they accept about 30 people, but I wasn't sure how many apply.

Has anyone heard back from ADU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard back with an offer to interview. I’m not sure if they’re having technical difficulties because it is the first I have heard from them and it started with “Congratulations again! I apologize for the technical difficulties.”

I’m declining my interview so I hope you hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard back with an offer to interview. I’m not sure if they’re having technical difficulties because it is the first I have heard from them and it started with “Congratulations again! I apologize for the technical difficulties.”

I’m declining my interview so I hope you hear back soon!
Who was the email from if you don't mind me asking? Some of their emails have been going to my junk folder!

Who was the email from if you don't mind me asking? Some of their emails have been going to my junk folder!
The original was from Adventist, and when I replied to decline it went to Jackie Dones!

I also got the same email today as well!

Glad I found this, I haven’t heard anything back yet...

Glad I found this, I haven’t heard anything back yet...
I’m sure you’ll hear back soon! Interviews aren’t until the end of March. Also, for some reason they sent out a google document so I can view everyone who signed up for one (lol) and they only have about 20 people to interview thus far!

I’m sure you’ll hear back soon! Interviews aren’t until the end of March. Also, for some reason they sent out a google document so I can view everyone who signed up for one (lol) and they only have about 20 people to interview thus far!

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed! Please update us if/when you see all the seats filled.

Last edited:

Can you update us if you see how many people have signed up? I got an email that I was on the waitlist for a second round of interviews. I’m assuming depending on how many decline, I may still have a shot at getting an interview :)

Can you update us if you see how many people have signed up? I got an email that I was on the waitlist for a second round of interviews. I’m assuming depending on how many decline, I may still have a shot at getting an interview :)
So far it looks like only 24/50 spots have been filled for interviews!

I've signed up to interview on March 30th! anyone else? Also people on the wait list for second rounds of interviews it looks like it's in your favor at the moment.

I've signed up to interview on March 30th! anyone else? Also people on the wait list for second rounds of interviews it looks like it's in your favor at the moment.

I'm hoping so! Do you mind updating us on how many people have signed up so far? I know its only Monday and they all have until Friday technically.. but i'm hoping! I was accepted into my "second choice" program, but still hoping to stay local at ADU :)

I'm hoping so! Do you mind updating us on how many people have signed up so far? I know its only Monday and they all have until Friday technically.. but i'm hoping! I was accepted into my "second choice" program, but still hoping to stay local at ADU :)
Staying local would be nice! There are 30 spots still available.

I wonder how soon after the interviews that they'll let us know about acceptances :thinking:

I wonder how soon after the interviews that they'll let us know about acceptances :thinking:

I hope not long! I don't think they will hesitate because most students are trying to decide between multiple programs and offers! We should all keep in touch about the interviewing process - if anyone has any tips to share! I scheduled my interview for the 30th.

Only 36 people signed up for interviews as of right now and they accept 32! Pretty great odds so far.

I was offered an interview today but will be declining.

Theres still about 20 spots open for interviews.

Anyone have an update on the interview count?

40 people have signed up. I was told they were looking to interview 55 applicants, not sure if this is true because they have already moved down the wait-list!

Only 41 people signed up! deadline is tomorrow at 1pm, so they may be sending a few more invites to those who haven't received them just yet. Good luck :)

If anyone on here that has an interview is willing to give questions they asked or tips to prepare, we'd all be thankful!!

I'm excited for the interview but it's too bad that it's only 15/20 minutes... i'm worried they won't get to know us well enough in that short period of time.

Does anyone have any interviewing tips specific to ADU or MOT? Sample questions to be prepared for or advice? :)

I just received my acceptance from ADU and will be attending in the Fall :)

I just got a call about my acceptance too!

Hi everyone!
I'm glad I came across this. I received my acceptance yesterday as well! Have any of you received the follow up email they mentioned they'd be sending?

Hi everyone!
I'm glad I came across this. I received my acceptance yesterday as well! Have any of you received the follow up email they mentioned they'd be sending?

I have not received it! Will you be attending in the fall? I was hoping to make a facebook group for all of us to stay connected until fall!

I was wondering if anyone knew a lot about the class schedule that students have? I know they have class 2x a week, so does that mean they have class for 8-10 hours a day for those days? And would that mean a lot of the exams/assignments fall on the same days?

I have not received it! Will you be attending in the fall? I was hoping to make a facebook group for all of us to stay connected until fall!
Yes, this fall! A facebook page would be great! & I haven’t received it yet either, just making sure i wasn’t the only one

I was wondering if anyone knew a lot about the class schedule that students have? I know they have class 2x a week, so does that mean they have class for 8-10 hours a day for those days? And would that mean a lot of the exams/assignments fall on the same days?
That was actually one of the questions i asked them in my interview, they said it’s 2 days a week typically from around 7am to 6pm. Then around tests and practicals some students usually are on campus additional days to study and use the lab rooms.

That was actually one of the questions i asked them in my interview, they said it’s 2 days a week typically from around 7am to 6pm. Then around tests and practicals some students usually are on campus additional days to study and use the lab rooms.
Oh, gotcha! Man, 11 hour school days haha. That is nice to have days off in between though. Hopefully they space out the tests and papers between the different weeks so they don't all end up being due on the same day/week each time!