advice about extra classes to take for pharmacy school.

Started by Natty103
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Natty103

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have completed every prerequisite class for pharmacy school and i have my bachelors degree. I do not have the best of grades and i have taken classes over. My over all GPA is 2.6 and before i get comments about why i shouldn't even bother with pharmacy school, i do have mostly A's and B's with just a few C's in the prerequisite classes. Most of the bad grades comes from my other classes And i have a total of 140 credits which makes it very hard to raise my GPA. Once you have that many credits, forget about your GPA going up.I was thinking about enrolling back in a school to take about 3 science classes and an economics class because i dont have economics and most schools waive it but i would like to take it. I will really like my GPA to go up to 2.7 so i can apply to more schools but it seems impossible. Even if i take 16 credits and get a 4.0 this coming semester, guess what? my GPA will only go up 1. so it will go to 2.7 thats crazy!! what classes would you recommend i take? i was thinking classes i got C in when i took it... general chemistry 2, anatomy and physiology 1 and biology 1 then add the economic class. because remember science classes also comes with lab. Im retaking my PCAT again in January and im studying very hard for that as well because i need a good score on it. My target is in the 90th percentile.Also any suggested schools i should apply to would be helpful. schools that want students with bachelors degree and im also interested in accelerated programs.
 
Tough choice. It would help your GPA most to retake those classes and get A's in them... but it would still bump you a minuscule amount I would imagine. What is your science GPA?

I took a couple extra classes (Immunology & Genetics) just to beef up my transcript because I had a 3.2 and I thought that was unimpressive.
 
Tough choice. It would help your GPA most to retake those classes and get A's in them... but it would still bump you a minuscule amount I would imagine. What is your science GPA?

I took a couple extra classes (Immunology & Genetics) just to beef up my transcript because I had a 3.2 and I thought that was unimpressive.
2.7
 
my GPA was also about 2.6... maybe even 2.5
don't worry, the bad schools will take you in... 😉

maybe strengthen other areas such as volunteering, working, or essay writing?
i was in your position last year so it's not impossible...