advice about failure essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrliftr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I looked around other threads talking about failure essays. I have decided to talk about a lost friendship. I just wanted to ask about the self-reflection and growth parts. In addition to discussing what I learned about myself and how I should set expectations early on in a friendship, should I mention choosing 'more mature friends'? I don't want it to seem like I am blaming the other person (although that is part of the story). Is it better to put that part in or leave it out?

oh, and for the feedback, should I talk about how feedback from others made me learn where I went wrong and how I could avoid a situation like this in the future? if so, how much detail about the feedback should I mention? I have seen somewhere that feedback should be thorough and objective, sometimes being its own essay.

THanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I looked around other threads talking about failure essays. I have decided to talk about a lost friendship. I just wanted to ask about the self-reflection and growth parts. In addition to discussing what I learned about myself and how I should set expectations early on in a friendship, should I mention choosing 'more mature friends'? I don't want it to seem like I am blaming the other person (although that is part of the story). Is it better to put that part in or leave it out?

oh, and for the feedback, should I talk about how feedback from others made me learn where I went wrong and how I could avoid a situation like this in the future? if so, how much detail about the feedback should I mention? I have seen somewhere that feedback should be thorough and objective, sometimes being its own essay.

THanks for the help
It would help if you had a specific prompt. We are getting really late at this point where previous searches will likely help you if you are drafting and not responding to a specific prompt.

Without disclosing specific information that would dox you, I don't know if I can comment how the example helps to describe a "failure" or disappointment, or whatever. That said, the more professional an example you can provide, the easier it is for you to show that you have the potential to be a professional.

It would help if you had a specific prompt. We are getting really late at this point where previous searches will likely help you if you are drafting and not responding to a specific prompt.

Without disclosing specific information that would dox you, I don't know if I can comment how the example helps to describe a "failure" or disappointment, or whatever. That said, the more professional an example you can provide, the easier it is for you to show that you have the potential to be a professional.
It is a draft rather than a specific prompt. I completed a draft of it already, just gonna have someone read it over once. I avoided the comment about choosing better friends and focused on how I could improve as a friend and person. I mentioned the feedback from another friend and how I used it to reflect on how to approach other relationships better.

It is a draft rather than a specific prompt. I completed a draft of it already, just gonna have someone read it over once. I avoided the comment about choosing better friends and focused on how I could improve as a friend and person. I mentioned the feedback from another friend and how I used it to reflect on how to approach other relationships better.
Again, I still don't know what you are trying to say with regards to failure. Friendships evolve and people grow apart. So I don't really see this story as convincing that you understand and can cope with failure (again no details).

Reactions: 1 user