advice about pre pharmacy

Started by karm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

karm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am currently thinking about Pre-pharmacy. I go to a county college and I will be going into my third year due to me being indecisive and not figuring out what I want to do. But I have finally come to the conclusion that pharmacy is the thing for me. I just do not know where to start. I know it is very difficult but I know I can do it. Can anyone give me any advice/help on what I should do??? Thanks !
 
The first step is figuring out where you want to go, and what they require. Visit the PSAR linked in my signature. On that site you can find schools by state and see what kind of coursework they expect.

The next step is to visit the websites for those schools and find out specifically what they require. The PSAR tells you, for example, that the school requires 6 credits of government coursework, while the school site might specify "state government."

Step 3, profit???

You'll find the answers to a lot of your general questions at the top of the pre-pharmacy area in the FAQ. After that, I'd recommend using the forum search function, as many people have been exactly where you are, and their questions and answers are still here for you to find.

Good luck!