Advice about where to apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I hope most of you are enjoying your Easter. I am graduating this semester and just need some general advice (mainly on which schools I should apply to). A dentist that I've shadowed for a bit told me to just apply to as many possible which seems pretty obvious, but unfortunately that gets to be extremely expensive. I plan to study all summer (~3 months) for the DAT so my scores will offset my GPA a little. I am a resident of MS, but plan to move to AZ this May with my wife, just got married :love:. Below are the upper levels that I've had as well as research and GPAs. Thanks so much in advance for all of your help and advice.

Overall GPA: 3.38-3.4 (depending on this semester's outcome)
Science GPA: 3.45
Research (1 yr each):
"Craniofacial Morphololgy and Its Genetic
Regulators"
"Neuroplasticity: A Neurophysiological Phenomenon"
***With these, I had to do a 45 minute seminar- type presentation in front of many professors and
doctors at my school, quite intimidating :scared:

Important Classes
Physics - A in both semesters
Org Chem - B in both semesters
Gen Chem - A in first, B in second (took in summer)
Bio I and II - A in both
Comparative Anatomy - C (I hope this doesn't kill me)
Biochem - B
Micro - B
Histo - A
Many Psych classes - A (not rare at all lol)
Business Classes - All As
Genetics - B

***So, my application is alright (besides the C) but I would like to know if you think getting in will present a major challenge. I see that many schools now are requiring Physio, which I can take (especially AZ schools). What are some schools you all think I should definetly apply to? Again, thanks so much for all of your input! Happy Easter.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I hope most of you are enjoying your Easter. I am graduating this semester and just need some general advice (mainly on which schools I should apply to). A dentist that I've shadowed for a bit told me to just apply to as many possible which seems pretty obvious, but unfortunately that gets to be extremely expensive. I plan to study all summer (~3 months) for the DAT so my scores will offset my GPA a little. I am a resident of MS, but plan to move to AZ this May with my wife, just got married :love:. Below are the upper levels that I've had as well as research and GPAs. Thanks so much in advance for all of your help and advice.

Overall GPA: 3.38-3.4 (depending on this semester's outcome)
Science GPA: 3.45
Research (1 yr each):
"Craniofacial Morphololgy and Its Genetic
Regulators"
"Neuroplasticity: A Neurophysiological Phenomenon"
***With these, I had to do a 45 minute seminar- type presentation in front of many professors and
doctors at my school, quite intimidating :scared:

Important Classes
Physics - A in both semesters
Org Chem - B in both semesters
Gen Chem - A in first, B in second (took in summer)
Bio I and II - A in both
Comparative Anatomy - C (I hope this doesn't kill me)
Biochem - B
Micro - B
Histo - A
Many Psych classes - A (not rare at all lol)
Business Classes - All As
Genetics - B

***So, my application is alright (besides the C) but I would like to know if you think getting in will present a major challenge. I see that many schools now are requiring Physio, which I can take (especially AZ schools). What are some schools you all think I should definetly apply to? Again, thanks so much for all of your input! Happy Easter.

Please see above thread titled: "What Schools Should I Apply To?/What Are My Chances?"