advice anyone? thx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matanpucla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
first of all thanks to everyone who takes their time to look at these and give us advice it is much appreciated.

so here's my deal:

i graduated last year from a UC.
cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.3
MCAT: 35 Q

my ECs are decent, i've had good volunteering and shadowing experiences, as well as a year long paid internship for a religious organization, an alternative spring break, and more. no research however.

i applied this past June to MD schools. so far i've had 2 interviews, one of which resulted in a waitlist, another which i'm waiting to hear back from. I am still waiting for responses about interviews from about 10 schools.

I've spent this year building a business as a private tutor, as well as volunteering as a tutor in my local high school and shadowing.

does anyone have any advice for me? I was thinking that if i don't get an acceptance, I should apply for an SMP. I was wondering if these SMPs at schools like Ucinci/BU/tufts/Georgetown lead to acceptances in MD schools other than the host SMP schools. pretty much any help is much appreciated.

happy new year everybody

NB: i took the MCAT in September of 2011, and i'm scared that if i do an SMP and then wait ANOTHER year to apply, my MCAT won't be acceptable? any ideas? thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.