Advice/Chances for a HS Student for BS/MD Programs (Rutgers, UPitt, Penn State, Case Western, etc...)

PV15

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm a junior and I'm thinking about applying to some BS/MD 7 or 8 year programs. I just wanted to put out some activities I do, and see if I should expand on them and see if I'm in a good spot.

GPA: 4.60 W // 3.88 UW
Didn't take the SAT yet,
1300 on the PSAT.

I'm taking Bio, Lang, and APUSH but some programs require SAT II Chemistry so I was wondering if I can still do well on that without taking AP Chem. I did Honors Chem last year, but just wondering.

Extra Curriculars:
- Varsity Speech and Debate
- Tri-M Honor Society
- Founder of a club at school (Junior States of America)
- Soccer coach
- Swim for one year

Medical Related:
- Free Health Clinic – Shadowing/Intern
Shadowing several medical students and physicians every week. Tasks involve observing physicals, as well as observing appointments and medical practices. Services are provided regardless of financial background. Learning medical terminology as well as practices.

Awards (these probably mean nothing):
- Finalist in Oratorical Declamation at George Mason University Patriot Games National Speech and Debate Tournament
- State Champion in Multiple Reading for Massachusetts Speech and Debate League
- Double Octofinalist in Dramatic Performance at 46th Annual Harvard National Forensics Tournament
- 7th Place in Oratorical Declamation for Massachusetts State Speech and Debate League
- 1st Place in Oratorical Declamation for Needham Speech and Congress Tournament
- Varsity Letter in Shrewsbury High School Swim and Dive Team
- President of Junior States of America School Chapter
- Highest Honors in School Honor Roll

Volunteering:
Mustard Seed – Soup Kitchen Volunteer
Volunteer every Friday for people who are impoverished. Serving food and drink.

Whitney Place – Organizer, Pianist, and Vocalist
Volunteer for a singing program every month alongside little kids. Singing for elders in senior centers.

Middle School Speech Team – Coach
Coach for the Oak Middle School Speech Team. Training done every week for middle schoolers

There are some other volunteering/awards things I did, but I didn't want this to be a thread where I boasted my academics for a "chance me". I'll add it in if any replies suggest that I do.

And that's about it! It would be greatly appreciated for the help!! I thought of doing more research and volunteering at hospitals but most of them did get canceled due to COVID-19.

Members don't see this ad.