Advice/Chances

Started by benedict3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

benedict3

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Undergrad Science: 3.8 cumulative 3.9 Grad gpa 3.8 MCAT 505 and one of my sections is below a 125, I have about 1000 hours of clinical experience as well as leadership positions in extracurricular organizations and a few publications. Is my MCAT going to sink me for DO schools? I have received a few secondaries but I am wondering if I should plan to retake for the next cycle
 
With your stats I would apply to PCOM-PA, KCU, DMU, CUSOM, MUCOM, RVU-CO, Touro-CA.
Edit: I would also target some low tier MD schools like NOVA MD and your in-state MD school(s).
 
Undergrad Science: 3.8 cumulative 3.9 Grad gpa 3.8 MCAT 505 and one of my sections is below a 125, I have about 1000 hours of clinical experience as well as leadership positions in extracurricular organizations and a few publications. Is my MCAT going to sink me for DO schools? I have received a few secondaries but I am wondering if I should plan to retake for the next cycle

A quick search of the aacomas avg gpa/Mcat for matriculants would tell you that you are very competitive.