Advice: Data Collection Forms (paper versions)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flashmark

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
So as I was scribbling on my blue glove last night while getting a history on an elderly patient when I started to think "this is really inefficient."

I know most EMS providers come up with a routine where they write BP at a certain location on a glove, the HR on another section, Allergies and Meds on another section, etc. That usually works, but is unorganized and can bleed, run out of room, and more.

Usually, my rural volunteer department hands the patient off to the Paramedics that come on scene after us, we give a verbal patient report and that's about it. Sometimes the Medics are in too much of a rush to even hear us out completely. So, I was wondering if there is something available in some sort of Index Card Size that is asthetically well designed and has labeled areas for BP,HR, Treatments that I might have already started, etc.
This way I can hand that card to the medic and give them just a brief verbal report. (The medic might also be able to use it in his patient presentation to the hospital?)

*QUESTIONS*
Would this speed things up or slow things down?
Do such things exist? Do they come in multiple card formats (a card for possible Stroke patients, a card for cardiac patients......)?

I know there are similar programs for PDAs, but I want something old-school and tangible to give to the medics who transport to the hospital.

If the forms do exist and are helpful, does anyone know where I can find them to use or model new ones after?

If I'm being ridiculous or OCD please let me know.
:)
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.