Advice: defer acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fall1515

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
option 1. any modern day higher education institution will record lectures. or you can just read the book/notes on classes you missed.

Unless I'm missing something here, it's a no brainer. Go with option 2.

Saving 30,000 in the long run does not matter if you graduate school a year earlier and make 100,000 your first year out. In essence, option two makes you $70,000.

So unless you have a job that will pay you $70,000 this year, go with choice 2.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
An addendum to my original post: Option 1 the way it is written assumes that you have to defer a year, but I'd argue you probably could just miss 1.5 weeks. Heck people in my class extended their breaks or went to conventions or even spent 2 weeks on mission trips and it didn't set them back. Your first 1.5 weeks are likely just going to be intro stuff/orientation/syllabus review

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your input! That's a very valid point, its just I'm not American and don't qualify for loans, that's why I've been taking the 30k into consideration.

Can you outline what "procedures" you need to have done? Immigration issues can take longer than a month so your option 2 may not be realistic either. Are you sure it is?

Which school are you going to? I deferred my admission for next year too.

I'm also very interested what schools y'all are able to get deferred at. I'm entering a post-bac program with an option of 1 or 2 years so optometry schools that allow deferment are my no.1 choice, assuming I end up wanting to do 2 years.