Advice for 2:30 test takers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OoPredentoO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm taking the DAT this September and my testing time is at 2:30. Does anyone have advice on how to stay alert taking a midday test?

I'm thinking about 2 meals containing fruits beforehand, a caffeine pill half an hour prior, and a 5-hour energy during the break.

Also, what should I do between the time I wake up (around 9) until the 2:30 test time?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm taking the DAT this September and my testing time is at 2:30. Does anyone have advice on how to stay alert taking a midday test?

I'm thinking about 2 meals containing fruits beforehand, a caffeine pill half an hour prior, and a 5-hour energy during the break.

Also, what should I do between the time I wake up (around 9) until the 2:30 test time?

I think adrenaline will kick in and keep you going more than anything else on test day. From years of experience do NOT do anything, eat anything or take any medication that is not in your normal routine. You do not need to have an adverse reaction on test day.

FYI if you get to the testing center early and they have a space(most the time they do) they will allow you to start early.

I would review my notes lightly before the test, but again that is my personality. You might want to chill, exercise, etc. Just do what suits you best..and the only one that know that answer is you.

Wishing you the very best on test day.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user