Advice for a new grad starting with WAGS floating between NC/SC & Insurance Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmd5454

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good evening everyone,

Some background: Very little retail experience, recent grad (2020)

I wanted some general advice on floating with WAGS as a "fresh" pharmacist floating between two states (NC & SC), focusing on insurance processing and TPR.

Thank you. Any advice is appreciated! 🙂
 
My "general advice" is to begin looking for other career options ASAP. You're one of the lucky new grads who are actually getting a pay check but will be easily replaced at 1/2 pay in around 3 years for another new grad. Retail is dead. Pharmacy is dead. Embrace it and adjust accordingly.
 
I can’t give you specific help, since I’ve never practiced in either state, but what I can tell you is that we are entering the busiest time of the year right now and you’ll likely going to struggle a lot.
As far as TPR/insurance issues in general, you can always call another store or worst case the third party help desk (phone numbers should be listed under F12) to get answers