Advice for classes?

Sombry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm fifteen, just finished my freshman year, and I'm determined to become a vet. With a lot of planning all the way back in 6th grade I've made it so I can graduate a year early, or stay and just take electives and free periods. What I'm wondering is, my plan is to spend 2 years in community college straight out of high school to cut down on costs (tuition, room and board) and then transferring to my state university. Since I'll be a transfer student to uni, does it matter what my class selection is in high school? I know honors vs regular, honors looks better to colleges, but if I'm transferring from community, will they even see my HS classes?

Members don't see this ad.

I think when you transfer undergrad institutions, you may need to send your high school transcripts as well, but they probably won't factor in as much. Your best bet would be to contact your state school and ask them directly.

People ask, "Is it better to have an A in a regular class or a B in an honors class?"; The answer is an A in the honors class.

To my knowledge unless your high school classes get you college credit, your state university would most likely only see your community college credits.