Advice for COMLEX III

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_Surgeon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just registered for COMLEX III next month. I am a general surgery intern, and have had the majority of my non-surgical rotations. I just bought crush step 3 and the NMS q book. Anyone have any advice for studying (length of time, books, important topics, etc) What about the new computer format and how many questions do you need to pass?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope they release the scores today, I’m a bit leery about afternoon results because they never seem to go in my favor. I hope I didn’t fail, I just want to be done with the NBOME. I know I messed up the last section, just praying for over a 350 as I do not have a residency position for next year and this can only help if I passed it. You all don’t think they release passed exams first and then release the failed ones? Yikes, I’m going crazy.

I hope they release the scores today, I’m a bit leery about afternoon results because they never seem to go in my favor. I hope I didn’t fail, I just want to be done with the NBOME. I know I messed up the last section, just praying for over a 350 as I do not have a residency position for next year and this can only help if I passed it. You all don’t think they release passed exams first and then release the failed ones? Yikes, I’m going crazy.

I definitely hope that's not the case, cause I haven't gotten my results back yet either. I have a feeling the scores will probably be released tomorrow unfortunately... but here is hoping I'm wrong! Ready for this weight to be lifted finally (and hopefully)

Members don't see this ad :)

I think they usually come out in the morning, a friend of mines called NBOME during the last score release and they said if they don't come out by noon, then they will be released the next day. Hope this helps!

I think they usually come out in the morning, a friend of mines called NBOME during the last score release and they said if they don't come out by noon, then they will be released the next day. Hope this helps!
If that's true, then the clock is ticking!!!

So glad for everyone. I will not be taking the two day exam as well! Kinda wish I did better, but I won’t argue with a 530 especially with how I was going crazy :)

Reactions: 2 users