Apr 14, 2011
1
0
Status
Pre-Dental
I was planning on taking the DAT this Sunday, Aug 7th. I am not scoring in the range I want, so I am thinking of postponing my test until Sept 1st-3rd. It will be my first time taking the exam. I am aiming to score in the 19-20 average range. I do not want to apply with sub par scores and think its worth the wait as opposed to being rejected if i were to send in lower than expected scores. I am finalizing my PS as we speak and will have the primary application submitted by the end of next week.

I am a Georgia resident applying to schools all over, mainly in CA, AR and NY. If i take my test early September, and get scores back a few weeks later, will I risk being considered as a late applier and be viewed negatively by admissions committees?

Much appreciated.

My overall GPA is 3.55
 
Jun 10, 2011
109
0
Status
Pre-Dental
About a month is a long time to push it back. I would suggest maybe 2-3 weeks. But if you feel more comfortable with a month, then do that. But aim for a higher score. Definitely submit your application ASAP and take a day off during your studying to complete as many secondaries as you can so that the only thing missing will be your DAT score. I think the earliest cut-off for some schools is October, so you should be ok. Just do well!
 
About the Ads