Advice for day before DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athomas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done all the Bio qvault questions, gone through destroyer 1 completely, a 2nd time just over wrong or marked answers. Did 6 of 7 Achiever PATs and 4 CDP. Did 1 Achiever science, all of DAT bootcamps free tests.

I am currently doing Chad's quizzes, and will review all of my notes again later today.

What else should I focus on the day before the test? That is, what will be the highest yield study material at this points?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I didn't do a thing the day before my DAT. I relaxed and made sure I got a good nights sleep. It's my opinion that if you haven't learned it at this point you probably aren't going to learn it in the next few hours... If anything it may stress you out and/or confuse you. Then again even when I have university tests I try not to study much the night before, so I guess it's all a matter of personal preference. If you haven't done it yet, I'd do the 2007 free DAT sample test. "Relatively" easy and good practice to get in the zone. :cool: Good luck!

I haven't taken the DAT yet, but I would go through the sections you have trouble and cram for it. In my experiences, I have a really good short term memory when it comes to cramming the day before the exam.

Maybe biological diversity and plants is what I would focus on day before.

Also what may help is reading the definitions on the back of book from Barron's.

I didn't do anything the day before the DAT. I just ate, slept, watched videos on youtube, and played games on my computer. I figured that whatever I don't know now, I won't know for the DAT. You've done all you can so just conserve your energy. I had a friend who studied all summer, but bombed the DAT just because he didn't get enough rest.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's 85 and sunny here so I'm going to take breaks for sure, shooting for a 9pm bedtime :) we'll see if I can get to sleep that early