Advice for game plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would like advice on what to do in the next year to make myself more competitive for dental school. I have a 3.27 cum gpa & 3.17 sci gpa. I scored a TS 20 & AA 19 on my Dat's however I did very low on my QR, only a 13! Anyway, I applied this year but havent heard from anyone and feel like I may not receive any interviews. I did have all my application materials turned in very late *octoberish* So in the mean time I was wondering what I should do. Should I start a postbach? I am currently working as a DA and doing extracurricular work. Some ppl have advised me to just retake my DAT's. But I would like everyone else's advice, especially those that are already in dental school. Thanks in advance!

-Giant

Members don't see this ad.

Retake the DAT

yea retake would make a huge difference granted that you will do better.

You can raise your gpa by taking whole bunch of upper level science classes. It will look good that you can handle the bulk and you get to raise your gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I would like advice on what to do in the next year to make myself more competitive for dental school. I have a 3.27 cum gpa & 3.17 sci gpa. I scored a TS 20 & AA 19 on my Dat's however I did very low on my QR, only a 13! Anyway, I applied this year but havent heard from anyone and feel like I may not receive any interviews. I did have all my application materials turned in very late *octoberish* So in the mean time I was wondering what I should do. Should I start a postbach? I am currently working as a DA and doing extracurricular work. Some ppl have advised me to just retake my DAT's. But I would like everyone else's advice, especially those that are already in dental school. Thanks in advance!

-Giant

If I were you I would use this yr to start a masters program or take a bunch of upper level sciences (get all A's). I think you kind of have to retake the DAT. I don't know if anyone would accept a 13. Good job on the rest of the DAT though!!

yea retake would make a huge difference granted that you will do better.

You can raise your gpa by taking whole bunch of upper level science classes. It will look good that you can handle the bulk and you get to raise your gpa.

whoops said the same thing