Advice for getting into pharmacy school

Started by mayyyygz7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mayyyygz7

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so I really don't know who to talk to at this point so I was hoping to get some advice. I am a senior at a decent university and am about to graduate. I was gonna be a vet but decided just last summer that i want to go to pharmacy school. I've been working in a pharmacy as a tech for 2 months now and i love it. But here is the problem: my grades. My current GPA is 2.86 and I am working my butt off to get all A's and finish with a 3.0. I guess it's not too bad but not that good either. In addition, some of my requisites I have done poorly in. For example:
calculus 1: D
Gen chem 2: C- (i still can't believe I did that poorly :/ so embarrassing)
Orgo lab: D

In addition I have a few C's and C+. Is that bad? I plan on re-taking those 3 classes above, but I am graduating so does it look bad to retake it at a community college back at home?? I also have a few more classes to take that I have not yet completed, like Bio2 with lab, anatomy labs (both semesters), and maybe biochem depending on if schools need it or not. Do you think I even have a chance of getting into pharmacy school? I know it is what I want and I am working so hard to get it. I slacked off the first 3 years sadly and am regretting that every day. I am also planning on taking the PCAT in july and have been studying 3 hours a day. What should my goal for that be, based on my grades? Thanks for your help in advance. I really appreciate it.