Advice for going to interview if already accepted elsewhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrYuyo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to 3 schools on December 1st and already picked where I am going to go. I have three more interviews scheduled for Boston U, Tufts, and Nova. I dont plan on attending any of these three schools so should I go to interview anyhow? Should i just show up wasted and see if i can get into these schools?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to go just to see the scdhool and meet new people and you have extra money to blow, then why not. Don't show up drunk or anything because you dont want to burn your bridges.

and already picked where I am going to go. I dont plan on attending any of these three schools
Thanks

I cannot come up with any reason to go to an interview if the above information is truthful.

Sincerely,

GoBlueJays

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont plan on attending any of these three schools so should I go to interview anyhow? Should i just show up wasted and see if i can get into these schools?

Wow. The quality of posts has really been going downhill since Dec. 1st

Don't go... you are wasting people's time... and hindering other individuals from getting accepted to dental school.

For those of us, like myself, who are still waiting to get accepted, you are wasting interview spots at that school and being entirely too selfish.

Showing up wasted? That might have been cool in high school or something but if you hope to be a heath professional some day, I would suggest you make a better impression on your future colleagues.

Grow up.

I got accepted to 3 schools on December 1st and already picked where I am going to go. I have three more interviews scheduled for Boston U, Tufts, and Nova. I dont plan on attending any of these three schools so should I go to interview anyhow? Should i just show up wasted and see if i can get into these schools?
Thanks

Those intentions maybe changed once you see the school, if you have free time, check them out.

If you are 100% positive with the d-school you want to go to, don't go and cancel your interviews b/c adcoms will spend time considering you as a potential candidate; just free some interview spots for other people who really don't have any interviews right now. If you still want to attend that school, just attend them BUT not for interview purposes, just for fun maybe.
Good luck.

Waste of time and money. Why would you even consider doing this?

shrug, I was happy with my USC acceptance and was telling people I was 99% sure I was going to go there. I still had interviews at UNLV and Tufts, and I almost cancelled them, but my parents told me to go anyway (it was my money btw, not theirs), and it's a good thing I did because I ended up liking both schools better than USC.

shrug, I was happy with my USC acceptance and was telling people I was 99% sure I was going to go there. I still had interviews at UNLV and Tufts, and I almost cancelled them, but my parents told me to go anyway (it was my money btw, not theirs), and it's a good thing I did because I ended up liking both schools better than USC.

Good advice, OP you never know what you'll like better : )

It's definitely worth going to another interview. I'd recommend going to NOVA. The facilities is nice, the interview is super-chill, and the weather is way better than much of the country. I thought I had my schools ranked post-acceptance but NOVA managed to convince me that it is worth serious consideration.

Also, if you don't like it and feel guilty about consuming ad-com resources, you can easily phone in a "thank you but no thank you." No bridges burned, no hard feelings. If anything, the ad-com would appreciate you being considerate of their time.

honestly guys i was just kidding about the going drunk and in all reality i am cancelling my boston and tufts interview...i know that people are waiting to get in and i dont want to hinder anybody's opportunity to get in...so good luck to everybody

oOf

Last edited:
Waste of time and money. Why would you even consider doing this?

if it's close enough from your place!
if you like that school....and if you think that school may be better for you...

Def do it, show up wasted, then go for a high speed drive

where are you going if you don't mind me asking