Advice for MMI and PBL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDDHUnter

Reaction score
Hi all, I have received an interview offer from Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry. I am asking everyone here for some advise on what to expect from the MMI and PBI. In the MMI especially, I want to ask if it is anything like the Casper test. If so, is there any time limits on how long you have to answer the questions. The one trouble I had with the Casper test was that I always ran out of time answering the first two questions and never had enough time for the third.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I have received an interview offer from Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry. I am asking everyone here for some advise on what to expect from the MMI and PBI. In the MMI especially, I want to ask if it is anything like the Casper test. If so, is there any time limits on how long you have to answer the questions. The one trouble I had with the Casper test was that I always ran out of time answering the first two questions and never had enough time for the third.
each question has it's own limit and then you move on to the next

PBL you have to not monopolize the conversation, make sure you speak up a few times, and recognize the contributions of others and expand
the key is that you have to show you are cooperative/collaborative and not pushy/bossy...

Hi there!

First of all, congratulations on your interview invite! MMI is very similar to the CASPer test in the sense that the scenarios and questions should be approached in the same way. You want to remain non-judgmental at all times and showcase your critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities. The MMI is done in stations, and the program should let you know how much time you will have per station. Usually, applicants have approximately 2 minutes to read the prompt and prepare their response and then 6 to 8 minutes to answer. Remember that the most important thing is to have a strategy to answer any type of question. That is, a situational or scenario question should be structured differently from a policy or personal question. Something else to keep in mind is that you should be able to move from one station to the next without dwelling on your performance. In other words, you should start each station fresh and give it your best even if you feel you did not do so well in the previous one. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!