Advice for Next Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdp325

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm applying next cycle and am attempting to be proactive and get a school list down so I can get my application in as soon as possible. I hold a chair position in my fraternity, am Vice President of this pre health club me and some friends started at our school, went on a Pre Dental Service Trip this past Winter to the Dominican Republic, have done a lot of community service and have about 110 shadowing hours of a general dentist. I'm going into my senior year and my gpa when I graduate will most likely be around a 3.65-3.7. Took the DAT a couple weeks ago and got 20AA, 20TS, 19PAT.

I'm a VA resident and the schools I'm thinking of now are:
VCU
Maryland
Pitt
Nova
Temple
Louisville
LECOM
Tufts
Ohio State
Colorado
Tennessee
Detroit

I know most of ya'll are going through this stuff now and have alot to worry about as it is but any feedback to help me out for next cycle would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say you're good as you are now, could probably try this cycle if you have money/recommendation letters. If you're not doing a crazy senior year course load I would try to find a professor to volunteer for some research, though that would mostly be towards another decent rec letter. If I were you I would just chillax, enjoy life, and maintain A's for senior year.

I would say you're good as you are now, could probably try this cycle if you have money/recommendation letters. If you're not doing a crazy senior year course load I would try to find a professor to volunteer for some research, though that would mostly be towards another decent rec letter. If I were you I would just chillax, enjoy life, and maintain A's for senior year.

Yeah the only reason I'm not applying this cycle is because I don't have the letters of rec right now. I kind of decided recently to commit and pursue this path but I'm getting those letters figured out this year. But did those schools look good? I don't know how some of them are for VA residents.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I agree with this post 100%. You definitely have the stats just secure yourself some solid rec letters! Have a good one!

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with this post 100%. You definitely have the stats just secure yourself some solid rec letters! Have a good one!
Thanks for the reply!! Do you have any suggestions on adding/taking out schools on that list?

Thanks for the reply!! Do you have any suggestions on adding/taking out schools on that list?

That's a pretty decent list. The only schools I am not sure about are Colorado, Ohio State, and Tennessee in terms of OOS favorability, but overall you're on the right track for sure!

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe like, add a back up school or two. You have great stats, you should be marvelous hun.

Make sure you look up the AP/CC requirements for each school (only important if you're using AP or CC credits to fulfuil prereqs)! If you're missing anything, you can use your senior year to finish it.