Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
I am a non-trad applicant from Texas looking for advice on whether I have a shot at any MD or DO schools. I'm having trouble creating a realistic list because of my disparate stats. Any recommendations or comments would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Degrees: BS in Bio, MS in Biomedical Sciences
cGPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.1
Graduate GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 518
Background: completed undergrad 5 years ago and will graduate with MS this semester.
Activities:
Volunteering (Clinical): ~200 hours in a hospital, ~100 hours in public health outreach with underserved populations
Volunteering (Non-Clinical): ~250 hours
Research: 2 years of basic science research with 3 publications (not first author) and several posters; 2 years of clinical research on outcome disparities in underserved populations
Clinical experiences: ~500 hours scribing, ~200 hours shadowing multiple specialties
Teaching: 2 years of tutoring chemistry and ESL; 4 years coaching a high school sport
Extracurricular: D1 athlete during undergrad, club sport during grad
Miscellaneous: part-time jobs during undergrad and grad
Language: Spanish
Demographics: ORM, female
I am a non-trad applicant from Texas looking for advice on whether I have a shot at any MD or DO schools. I'm having trouble creating a realistic list because of my disparate stats. Any recommendations or comments would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Degrees: BS in Bio, MS in Biomedical Sciences
cGPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.1
Graduate GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 518
Background: completed undergrad 5 years ago and will graduate with MS this semester.
Activities:
Volunteering (Clinical): ~200 hours in a hospital, ~100 hours in public health outreach with underserved populations
Volunteering (Non-Clinical): ~250 hours
Research: 2 years of basic science research with 3 publications (not first author) and several posters; 2 years of clinical research on outcome disparities in underserved populations
Clinical experiences: ~500 hours scribing, ~200 hours shadowing multiple specialties
Teaching: 2 years of tutoring chemistry and ESL; 4 years coaching a high school sport
Extracurricular: D1 athlete during undergrad, club sport during grad
Miscellaneous: part-time jobs during undergrad and grad
Language: Spanish
Demographics: ORM, female