advice for pharmacy work experience

Started by link20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

link20

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some advice regarding pharmacy work experience. For the last 2 semesters, I have been working as a pharmacy associate at Rite Aid. With this upcoming semester, I am debating whether or not to quit the job in replacement of something else (volunteering at the hospital or something). I just don't like the time hours I need to work, since I feel like I'm missing out on so much more outside of work.

The only reason I would continue to work there would be for the experience and resume booster, but I'm not sure how much of a boost it is. I don't want to have to manage my Rite Aid work + possible volunteer work + other school activities at the expense of my GPA. Do pharmacy schools look more favorably on pharmacy work experience, or volunteer experience? Will the admissions committee mind if I quit my job after only half a year of work for something else?