Advice for re-applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hi all, i am doing an SMP in the fall and currently work full-time at a health center, which I will be stopping prior to the program's start. does anyone have any advice on the best way to get a letter of recommendation now in anticipation of applying next summer? would it be best to use Interfolio to "save" the LOR for future use or is there a cheaper way to do this?

also, in the past i did not use MSAR while compiling my list of schools but do folks find this worth the price? what is its advantange

thanks friends

Members don't see this ad.

I would get the LOR's written and stored sooner rather than later. Come application time, you will be glad that you have these ready to go.

I thought the MSAR was very helpful for making my school list. Gives you data on stats for people who applied and/or where accepted, requirements for each school, and other useful data.

I feel these are small investments that are worth it if it can help you come up with a good school list.

To answer your specific question about Interfolio, I think its a relatively low cost for an easy way to store and link your letters to your application when it comes time. I think MSAR is also a really good purchase if you don't know what your list of schools-to-apply-to looks like yet. If you, for whatever reason, are applying to a select few schools or something like that...then maybe its not worth the money. But having MSAR info on schools is really important in terms of applying broadly/smart-ly.

Reactions: 1 user
Both Interfolio and the MSAR are great investments. I don't think that there is anything comparable to interfolio, especially in that you can have interfolio deliver direct to amcas. I wish I'd known about the MSAR sooner, although ultimately it didn't make that much difference. Its definitely worth it though, to really see where you might be competitive (unless you are one of those few that is competitive anywhere, in which case...apply where you want and buy a nice dinner instead).