Advice for retaking MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lonewolf62

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I scored a 31 on my first MCAT with a score of B 12 P 10 V 9. I have a 4.0 GPA at a state college and am a white male. Should I retake the MCAT to try and get higher if I want to go somewhere in the top 25 such as University of Washington or others similar. Unfortunately where I live I do not have a lot of opportunity for research so I do not have any experience there and I have approximately 50 hours of job shadowing to this point.
 
I scored a 31 on my first MCAT with a score of B 12 P 10 V 9. I have a 4.0 GPA at a state college and am a white male. Should I retake the MCAT to try and get higher if I want to go somewhere in the top 25 such as University of Washington or others similar. Unfortunately where I live I do not have a lot of opportunity for research so I do not have any experience there and I have approximately 50 hours of job shadowing to this point.

Post your question here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-medical-allopathic-md.10/