USMLE Advice for Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocWhoisthat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am scheduled to write my Step 1 in 3 weeks.
Last week I wrote my UWorld assessment 1 and got 214. Today, I decided to write NBME 15 and got a 179. I'm completely devastated by this result and seriously contemplating taking my exam in 3 weeks. My goal was to get over 230 and right now my self esteem has totally dropped and I feel like I won't make it.
Should I just study my ass off for 3 weeks and hope for the best or delay my exam and write it during my clinicals? I'm afraid if I delay it, I won't be able to study for it during any of my rotations.
I'm so frustrated right now and just feel like giving up.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

3 weeks is plenty of time to improve significantly if you are committed. You need to do TONS of practice questions, and you need to understand why you got answers wrong. But it is all based on what your goal is. I would say that with hard work, you get get average to slightly above average, at most. Again, this all depends on how committed you are. In medicine, you have to forget about the last at-bat and just keep going hard. You will see results if you do this. Good luck!